It's Friday the 13th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
We had our chance to show those weenies out in Cali who the real he-men riders were but I wussed out when I looked outside this morning...

IMG0719-L.jpg

The snow is very late this year with this being the first snowfall to actually stay around for a while. It was raining early in the morning (05:00AM) and then turned to snow so the roads were treacherous since the sanders where not out yet. Toronto radio is reporting tons of accidents since the first snowfall means that no one around here remembers what it was like to drive in the snow from last year.

It was chaos out there so the bike stayed in the garage.

Go ahead and call me a wuss. I just don't care since this is my cue to go into hibernation. See you in the spring.

Geez! We're not all weenies. I ride no matter how cold it is. Only thing that would stop me is ice. It's been about 35 degrees every morning when I leave the house. Occasionally colder but not very often. My wife is from Langenburg, Saskatchewan and we spend a lot of time of there so I know what you guys have to deal with. There's cats walking around up there with no ears cause they froze off!!

Sorry to see your ride got screwed. Do you think that's it until it warms up again?

I was all set to go Bill.. But I forgot my bike is still in pieces.

I bet everyone who showed up thinks I'm a wuss too. Oh well at least I'm in decent company.

I'll pour ya a jigger of Crown sir ;)

Papa Chuy is in Bill - he put studded tires on his new K1600 and he's enroute!
Thanks, Dave! Come on Bill, open up the damn garage door; I am out in your driveway freezing mi cojones off, I am blasting the K16's horn muy loco!
I'm not hearing any horns. Are you sure the horns weren't an extra $6000 BMW option???

I've ridden in 4 inches of snow when I was younger (and even more stupider than I am now), but if it's icy I won't ride...like this weekend when I was supposed to ride my bike home from griff's garage after some maintenance work.

BTW, Don may be blowing something....but it's likely not horns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill you're not a wuss, but you had an error in judgement. The proper day to visit Port Dover is either on the 12th or the 14th!!

I'm not hearing any horns. Are you sure the horns weren't an extra $6000 BMW option???
The horns were only an extra $1500 BMW option!!!
That sounds too cheap to me so I e-mailed Hans & Franz at BMW Motorrad and received the following reply:

From the Office of Hans & Franz - BMW World Domination Center - Munich
Thank you for your question.

We are afraid that we could not possibly be able to supply a functioning horn at such a low cost point of $1500 US. We do however offer a low cost alternative to a horn at the price point mentioned in your e-mail.

We can supply a BMW certified wire connected to the horn button that is then connected to the customer's nuts by a qualified BMW technician. When the rider in question operates the horn button the resulting electrical shock induces the rider to honk like a Canadian goose.

Thank you for your interest..

Hans & Franz

Papa Chuy is in Bill - he put studded tires on his new K1600 and he's enroute!
Thanks, Dave! Come on Bill, open up the damn garage door; I am out in your driveway freezing mi cojones off, I am blasting the K16's horn muy loco!
I'm not hearing any horns. Are you sure the horns weren't an extra $6000 BMW option??? Must have for the daily commuter
The horns were only an extra $1500 BMW option!!!
Don, Did you get this option? a must have for the daily commuter!!

Crap.....I wondered where my KTM 530 was when I opened the garage this morning (to get a snow shovel)
I would have gotten the conversion kit for my WR450F but the Snowmobile Clubs ruled these illegal to use on the snowmobile trails so there is no place to use them around here. I would have to trailer all the way into Quebec before I could play so I took a pass.

Give me a shout in the spring and we will go for a ride in the Ganaraska when the trails open in May. There is a group of us that ride every Thursday night and then we go out for Chinese over in beautiful downtown Pontypool.

Um Bill? Ya might wanna mention the required nudity thingy..

Jus helpin out ya know. ;)
We are only following the example set by this guy...

Coldin fined on four counts of public nudity

BRACEBRIDGE - Judge Jon-Jo Douglas found self-professed naturist and local resort owner Brian Coldin guilty on four counts of appearing in public naked and not guilty on another.

His co-accused, John Cropper of Orillia, was found not guilty of his lone count of appearing naked in public, stemming from an incident when the two men went through the Bracebridge A&W's drive-thru on May 12, 2009.

Judge Douglas read a 37-page ruling over the course of about two hours Thursday morning in Bracebridge court; the two men neatly clad in suits and ties before him.

The two men intended to challenge the country's public nudity laws in defending their cases, but the judge ultimately determined Coldin's intentions were not to protest laws, practise his naturist beliefs nor make social comment by appearing naked.

Coldin's charges stemmed from five separate occurrences; one while he was walking along Highway 11 in April 2009, another when he approached a female at Park Bridge the same month, one from May 2009 when he drove through the Tim Hortons drive-thru in May of 2009 and the A&W drive-thru appearance several days later.

He was found not guilty on the fifth charge, stemming from a confrontation with a family wishing to use the beach and waterfront at his resort, from July of 2008.

"Walking along Highway 11 expresses Mr. Coldin's flamboyancy and has little to do with the tenets of naturism," the judge ruled, adding in relation to the one not-guilty finding that Coldin was "not seeking to interfere with the public order," having been on his private property at the time.

Coldin was visibly upset following the rulings, saying at that time he was unsure if an appeal would be made, adding "the judge ruled I wasn't making a statement; he's saying I was trying to shock the public."

"It was a statement, it was a protest," he said.

Judge Douglas levied a fine of $500 for each of the 2008 charges and $1,000 for each of the 2009 charges, for a total of $3,000. Coldin was also sentenced to 24 months probation, during which he is to keep the peace and is not permitted to enter the property of the A&W or the Tim Horton's on Depot Drive. For full coverage on the judge's ruling, see the Jan. 18 edition of the Bracebridge Examiner, Gravenhurst Banner or Huntsville Forester.