Planning a ride to CO?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can gladly say I've rode every one of the 'red' roads at least once, if not several times. It's a shame CODOT doesn't add the sentence "vehicles with four wheels or more not recommended" on all the Red roads.

CO149 over Slumgullian Pass is among my favorites.

Nice map. Thanks. I've ridden all at least once except for 14 west of Fort Collins, which is now on the list for this summer.

Nice map. Thanks. I've ridden all at least once except for 14 west of Fort Collins, which is now on the list for this summer.
Make sure you ride it on an off peak time. It is a great twisty road. There are not too many places to pass...so if you are behind a wagon train, it would not be fun at all. I have relatives that live on a ridge above Masonville.

I picked that map up this summer, IN UTAH! :unsure: WTF, Utah promoting Colorado as a riding destination? I agree! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Yeah, the red roads are where the fun is.

The colorado beemers club hosts a SS1000 every year entirely in CO. They generally make a big loop of west end of the state. Route changes every year.