Follow Your Folly, June 12, 2012!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patch308

Reaction score
Follow Your Folly, June 2012!!!

On Tuesday, June 12, 2012, Hannah and I will be Following OUR Folly by leaving Red River, NM, for a motorcycle ride to the New Belgium Brewing Co. in Ft. Collins, CO...we'll be going through Seattle, Washington to get there.

We'll be on the road for 15 days and total around 4,600 miles by the time we make it back home, and we want to invite any of you who can make it to join us for part of the ride or at least follow along via Facebook, photo, and SPOT updates. We'll try updating on here, but no guarantees. If any of you want a post-ride report let me know and I'll get photos and description up.

The route will take us from Red River to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, AZ; Las Vegas, NV; Yosemite Nat'l Park, CA; San Francisco; The PCH to Gold Beach, OR; Seattle, WA; West Yellowstone, MT; Thermopolis, WY; Keystone and Mt. Rushmore, SD; Ft. Collins, CO; Estes Park, CO; Breckenridge, CO; and finally home...not to mention all the other places in between! If you're interested in either riding along or meeting up at any point let me know and I'll tell you when we'll be where. Till then, I'll keep you posted and will get the route information up for anyone interested!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=142537&st=0 Hola Patch and Hannah, sounds like a great trip and a perfect routing. Just wanted to make sure that you two were aware that you will be passing very close by to the location of NAFO / CFR 2012. As you leave Seattle, WA (take "Pops" Niehart along with you!) heading towards Yellowstone:

Hop over the Border to Canuckistan and run Highway 3 which parallels "Du Ligne", then cross South at Creston, British Columbia to Montana. Easy-peasy side routing!

Even if you just spent one night at NAFO 2012 we'd love to see you two. Remember how much fun it is to laugh at the white legs of the Canucks when they wear shorts!

Last edited by a moderator:
at least follow along via Facebook, photo, and SPOT updates. We'll try updating on here, but no guarantees. If any of you want a post-ride report let me know and I'll get photos and description up.
Mr 762 (you know we're all metric here right?)

Have a safe ride. Sounds like a blast. I don't do Facebook so I hope to see the route and some pictures here when you get back. Is this a two bike trip?

Mr Bill

Black%2520Canyon.jpg

CO 92 North of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP one mile drop here