EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
Ok, folks, At this point, there has been no other hats thrown in the ring, so Annette kicked my in the butt and said to get things sorted out so we know when and where we're going in September.

EOM 2012 will be held 20-23 September 2012 in Hendersonville, NC.

I am finalizing details with the hotel now, and once I have that locked down, I will publish the info needed for everyone to make reservations. For those unfamiliar, Hendersonville is in the heart of western North Carolina's prime motorcycle country. So mark your calendars and be ready to ride this year! More details to follow. Wayne

UPDATE: 7 Feb 12: The hotel info is now solid.

Quality Inn & Suites Room Rates:

201 Sugarloaf Road Standard $59.99/night

Hendersonville, NC 28792 Suite $69.99/night (828)692-7231

Group Reservations ID: Yamaha FJR1300 EOM Rates are good for duration of stay, so long as you register under the group name. This covers anyone arriving early, or staying later than the event dates. You can make reservations anytime now.

We have all 99 rooms blocked right now. The room block will be held until 20 August 2012. At that time, any remaining unreserved rooms will be released to the front desk to sell – this is standard protocol for group events. You have to call the hotel to make reservations, if you try using the choicehotels.com site, it will show no rooms available.

If we fill the hotel, there are other hotel properties adjacent to the Quality Inn. The closest is the Ramada Inn, then a Hampton Inn on the same side of I-26, then just about every other hotel brand on the other side of I-26. I will be contacting those other hotels to inquire about blocking down some overflow rooms.

There is NO restaurant in the hotel. They serve a hot continental breakfast, but that is it. There is just about every kind of restaurant locally, with a handful within walking distance. We will be catering in the Friday and Saturday meals using a local catering business. I am certain this will give us a better selection, better pricing, and better chow than ever before.

This is NOT the Ritz Carrolton. But it does offer the basics – a bed to sleep in, plenty of gathering space (both indoors and outdoors), and most importantly, a staff that has hosted my motorcycle groups in the past and a willingness to accommodate. From their website: "Guests are invited to enjoy the atrium area and take advantage of the game room, exercise room and miniature golf course." The GM is a rider, and looks forward to having us visit.

Here is a link to the North Carolina ABC Commission. You can buy beer/alcohol in Hendersonville. Jason will not have to stop at Kroger on the way up and fill his truck with Bud Light this year (hey, maybe he'll even ride a motorcycle!). Want something special, Google is your friend.

Stay tuned for more news and updates – there are some very exciting developments taking shape for this year's EOM.

Last edited by a moderator:
SPECTACULAR CHOICE!

A few pics of Hendersonville backroads available in this old RR

For folks that want to ride "technically", Green River Cove Road is sure to be included on any route for the adventuristic.

This old RR has more pics of Hville area and a link to a Lame Ass video shot going up GRCR.

Can't wait til september.

and the preparation begins...

6805347267_16153f02e9_b.jpg

Schweet!

Wayne - THANK YOU once again for stepping up.

Annette - THANK YOU for motivating Wayne to step up.

For me, yes. For Annette, not so much. Google says 650ish miles between the house and hotel. Due to the medical condition I have which all but prevents me from traveling on any limited access hiway in a southerly direction, the mileage potention for the trip down is going to be a workout for her...

She already piped up about that last night - something about "no dirt, no 18 hour days".

did they pave the back way out of Burkes Garden yet?

Awesome Wayne

Latest posts