So I'm reading this RR on ADV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled into Coldfoot well after nightfall, and by now I'm shivering uncontrollably. I attempted to pitch my tent, only to be frustrated by my ever-numbing fingers and the stiff wind that caused my tent to tumble across the tundra like a tossed die the moment I turned my back. I dove in and weighed everything down with as much gear as I could gather, then proceeded to assemble my gas stove. This will be a good idea, I think, as I pressurized the canister and ignited the burner. With a WOOSH, a ball of flame licked my face and fuel began to pool beneath the stove where the catch-can had fallen off, without my noticing. Flames spread, I panicked and chucked the entire thing outside. I now had a tent with a nice hole in the floor and no eyebrows, shivering and miserable. Fuck this noise. I zipped the flap shut and crawled into my down bag. Morning couldn't come soon enough.

Yeah, the Root Beer Run is quite the story. I've been following it for the better part of a year.

Parepin has had lots of advantures, both good and bad but he seems to pull thru alright.

He's got a good attitude and meets lots of interesting peaple.

Wait untill you catch up to his misadventures in Baja.

It's amazing how peaple he's met or not met but have been reading along on his ride report are willing to help out.

It seems that the ADV inmates or just riders in general come together with offers of help when you really need it.

Now no skiping ahead! There's no bodily injuries in Baja or anything but the same can't be said for his KLR.

I would love to take off on a semi planned/unplanned trip like him.

I just don't think the wife and kids would take it to well.

gravity

At one point I was headed for divorce and if it had gone through that was my plan. Liquidate everything load up the bike and just head off. There was only one little snag.... Uncle Sam denied my retirement so I would of been AWOL.

Damn you Carver!

Started reading and had to put it away after 6 pages. For some strange reason I actually have to get some work done while I'm at work.

Forcing me to spent all day glued to the 'puter.

darn you DC.

Check out the bill, second row middle.

Don't we know that guy?

127-L.jpg

I don't think so. But I've been wrong before. Once.

But it's a great read for sure.

Carver, did you ever read the Malcolm Rose thread on Stromtroopers? That is one guy I wish I had crossed paths with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so. But I've been wrong before. Once.

But it's a great read for sure.

Carver, did you ever read the Malcolm Rose thread on Stromtroopers? That is one guy I wish I had crossed paths with.
Oh yeah, that's Frenchy all right.. I mean how many 'King of Rhode Islands' could there possibly be? It's the 1 dollar bill on the right.

And IIRC, Frenchy got caught up in the fire zone too.

and no, I'll have to head to stromtroopers after this read..

tx for the tip Fred!

It's our very own Frenchy and RainCloudFollows? I think so!
Does Cal Poly SLO Dean of Students, Dr. Jean de Costa, know you spend all day looking at Motorcycle Ride Reports on your computer? However, I won't tell her at our Mustang's Homecoming!

Here's the link to Malcom's story there

It will lead to many more links, and you'll be entrapped for days. Sorry.

But it is a story I have been enthralled by, and inspired by.

I'm sure that you will be to ,

Does Cal Poly SLO Dean of Students, Dr. Jean de Costa, know you spend all day looking at Motorcycle Ride Reports on your computer? However, I won't tell her at our Mustang's Homecoming!
I call Bullshit!

You ain't gonna be there!

jus sayin'
I'll be there Jorge, my Poly Alumni Newsletter just arrived! I will be at the bar, drinking with Coach John Madden!

Damn you Carver...now I'll be glued to the PC all night reading the ADV thread.

Thanks a lot buddy! ;)

--G
Exactly!

I love the kids irreverent attitude to PC and his commitment to 'dangerous honesty'.

He bares a lot of his soul and psyche, good and bad, and his desire to move from negative to positive.

I give this kid about 1,000 Gunnies, Attaboyz, etc. and actually gives me hope for our country, as screwy as that may sound after you read of his journeys..

Your link points to the announcement of Malcolm's untimely demise but i didn't find a link to his main exploits.

Your link points to the announcement of Malcolm's untimely demise but i didn't find a link to his main exploits.
+1 I couldn't find "Malcom's story" either

Latest posts