2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Toro Joe

FYYFF
Reaction score
Ok...anyone interested in camping this Spring (May 18-20) at Breaks Intersate Park?

Here's a link https://www.breakspark.com/ looks like camping starts at $15 a night...they do have cabins for the pussies :lol:

I have not been to this area yet, but would imagine that there might be a few good roads to ride. ;) Maybe some of the local folk can verify.

Let's do this

Attendee list:

*El Toro Joe (paid the rest)

*Intech (paid)

*road runner (paid twice)

luvtoride

*blrfjr (paid)

powerman

*chivvalry (paid)

Violione

*bellman (paid)

Burnspot

builderwill

SLK50

wnyfjr

fixedblade

Dan (fixedblades buddy)

Fence sitters:

Everyone else

Reservation for Group Camp Site has been made

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...anyone interested in camping this Spring (May 18-20) at Breaks Intersate Park?

Here's a link https://www.breakspark.com/ looks like camping starts at $15 a night...they do have cabins for the pussies :lol:

I have not been to this area yet, but would imagine that there might be a few good roads to ride. ;) Maybe some of the local folk can verify.

Let's do this
Being from Canada I can verify that Breaks Interstate Park area is an excellent riding area. I was there last October for a few days. The only negative is no alcohol in the park restaurant, and your other eating choices are far away.

Hell yeah I am intersted! Could be the warm up trip for our cross country trek. Good shakedown for the trailer and new suspension. (Yet to be done)

Sounds good to me. I have all the gear, just need place to camp with lots of good roads. Oh yeah and Bob is going to be the Booze shuttle. :p

Joe, I am able to plan a route or two for this trip. There is definitely good riding in this area. & I am not at all worried about the drinking/no drinking. VEE haf our vays!

Let's do this
Im still %85 sure I'll be there eventhough Wheaty wont cause he'd rather hang out with some GIRL than us. Life goes on B)

Sounds like this campin thang is a go-go. Should we be reserving our sites individually or as a group? It would be nice if our sites were in the same neighborhood. Anybody know the best way to do this? Also as I looked at the tent-only sites, it didnt look like they had that many but Im not sure. I would think that a place that big would have a lot of tent sites.

Bryan

Well hell! Now I have to decide between this or SE Ohio the same weekend?! You're killing me!
Yeah...I know, guess I shoulda checked with Mark on the date. After I posted this, I did check with him...just to find out that I'll be missing the Ramble this year. Oh well, I can ride SE Ohio any weekend

Well hell! Now I have to decide between this or SE Ohio the same weekend?! You're killing me!
You and me both! :lol:

EDIT: This Breaks Camping Meet is going to be a riot...whoever attends will have a great time. If I hear good things about it from this gathering...who knows, maybe two years in a row at Breaks!

Sounds like this campin thang is a go-go. Should we be reserving our sites individually or as a group? It would be nice if our sites were in the same neighborhood. Anybody know the best way to do this? Also as I looked at the tent-only sites, it didnt look like they had that many but Im not sure. I would think that a place that big would have a lot of tent sites.

Bryan
Bryan,

I does look like they only have 9 tents sites @ $15 a night, (1) tent per site (that kinda sucks). I will try to contact someone at the park to find out if I can get a block of campsites, or if we're gonna be on our own. I have an e-mail to them, but have not heard back yet. They do have a Group Camp Ground that will accomodate 90 people, for $122 a night. That might be the way to go...if I get enough interest

Bryan
Bryan,

I does look like they only have 9 tents sites @ $15 a night, (1) tent per site (that kinda sucks). I will try to contact someone at the park to find out if I can get a block of campsites, or if we're gonna be on our own. I have an e-mail to them, but have not heard back yet. They do have a Group Camp Ground that will accomodate 90 people, for $122 a night. That might be the way to go...if I get enough interest
Yah the group site route seems like the way to go. If you could get 7 people who would definatly go it would still be 15 bucks a night. If you can get 6 I'll be #7.

Bryan
Bryan,

Yah the group site route seems like the way to go. If you could get 7 people who would definatly go it would still be 15 bucks a night. If you can get 6 I'll be #7.
Yeah, I would need some money up front to reserve the group site...I think we could bring the price down to $10 an night pretty easily...come on people who's in?