Albuquerque to New York -- Midwest Advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danarielle

Reaction score
So, this summer I am riding from ABQ to New York -- Amarillo, Oklahoma City, Fayetteville (AR), Memphis, Bowling Green, Cinci, Morgantown, Williamsport PA and then home.

So, a large part of the trip is through the mid-west

Any advice about nice roads (I try my best to avoid interstates except to get into and out of larger cities), good places to eat ,visit etc. would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

So, this summer I am riding from ABQ to New York -- Amarillo, Oklahoma City, Fayetteville (AR), Memphis, Bowling Green, Cinci, Morgantown, Williamsport PA and then home.

So, a large part of the trip is through the mid-west

Any advice about nice roads (I try my best to avoid interstates except to get into and out of larger cities), good places to eat ,visit etc. would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
How much time do you have for the trip?

Are your way points planned stops?

Do you have a passport for adding some Canadian riding into your trip?

Would you consider a totally different return route home?

A swing west from New York to the northern shores of Lake Superior could yield Niagara Falls,

Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, Blackhills and many other western sites with a return through Co.

-Tony

Stay south. Start with the Ozarks, then go east into Tennesee, then angle north into Kentucky, West Virginia and Pennsylvania.

When are you doing this ride? If it's in August I should be back from the sandbox and you can stay at my house in NKY/Greater Cincinnati. A lot of it depends on how much time you have. In KY we have some great twisties. Most of them are east of Louisville. Check in on www.kytwisted.com We have people from all over the state, TN, OH, IN on the forum and some of them are more familiar with the roads in western KY than I am.