Timonium, MD Motorcycle show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
Does anyone know about this show? This is the first year I have seen ads for it. Is it any good?

Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to one there a couple of years ago and it was for the most part a great place to get a new pair of chaps. :rolleyes:

They had some older Japanese show bikes on display but not much else other than harley's, choppers and stuff.

Well I have a different take on it. Now most of the local dealers, (Bob's BMW, Pete's Cycle, Baltimore Harley Store) come to this show and not go to the DC International show because they feel the crowds are better and the display area is much less expensive. They do have the normal custom bike show and the "rat" bike show plus your prerequisite tattoo show and bikini contests. Each year there are more vendors that are showing up, but still not of the quality of the international show. Is it worth the price of admission, I don't know. If your looking to browse the new models, sure. If you're looking for custom ear plugs, probably. If you want to check out the latest super hi-tech radar jammer that fits on the FJR, don't waste your money.

Gene

This show has been hit or miss for me. The most recent one I went to - 2010, I think - wasn't great, but okay. The year before that was outstanding. YMMV.

For the record, we went to this show. About 90% Harley. The custom bikes were pretty good. My favorites were the Marine Corps bike and the Resident Evil bike. As for the rest of the show, I was glad we got in for $5 off each. We were underwhelmed. As much of a pain it is to go to the one in DC it is a much better show.

The DC show was great, too bad they cancelled it. Pete's cycle usually sells Shoei Helmets at 20% off at this show, so if you're in the market. Also, No-Mar was there last year demonstrating and selling hardware at a discount. One other vendor, I think it's Eastern Performance, had Sena hardware at a steeper than normal discount (and yes, they're an authorized dealer).

Heck, it 24 degrees outside. I can't stand in my garage and stare at my bike (it's too fricken cold), I need a bikeshow, any bikeshow. Actually, the vendors at Timonium rival the NY International show (they're fewer in number, but generally pretty good). And don't forget the $250,000 toy haulers. Just walking through one of those suckers is worth the price of admission.

Bob, I agree there's lots of Hardley at Timonium. Other than a specific brand rally, there's lots of HD at every show. I go up to Americade every year with a riding buddy. That's at least 50% hardley and that's a touring rally. Fricken loud vibrators on wheels are everywhere.

I'll be at Timonium tomorrow. I hope it's worth the ride. Either way I just like window shopping Motorcycle stuff and scantily clad models trying to sell me stuff I don't need is another benefit they always seem to offer. I'm a pig, I likey!

Oops, I just noticed this is a four year old thread. I searched the forum and wanted to see if anyone else was going to timonium tomorrow. It's Friday, I need a dope slap.

I went Sunday it was packed. Didn't buy anything but there was a lot to see.... probably my 4th year going...

Last edited by a moderator: