Getting to NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Reaction score
I thought it would be good to start a thread to see what routes people are planning to/from NAFO 2012. I'll probably head up Highway 95 in West/Central Idaho. If this is on your way to or from NAFO, I'd highly recommend it. The deep canyon along the Salmon River is amazing, White Bird Pass, then up above Hell's Canyon and into Lewiston. Just out of Lewiston up the Spiral Highway. It would be fun to get together on the way through there with some other riders...

HWY95.jpg

It looks like a few of us will be in or around Spokane the evening of the 20th. It's required to ride the spiral hwy if you are anywhere near it. :)

I general plan from Seattle will be comming over on the N Cascade Hwy 20 to Kettle Falls then take 25 up into BC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I general plan from Seattle will be comming over on the N Cascade Hwy 20 to Kettle Falls then take 25 up into BC.
Spud, My Son Seth and I will be taking any route from Arizona that will keep us a nice safe distance away from those goofy Seattle Bastards! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&1s=AZ&1y=US&1l=33.303379&1g=-111.840828&1v=CITY&2c=Castlegar&2s=BC&2y=CA&2l=49.296249&2g=-117.654182&2v=CITY
Go south and east from your place. If you get to Howie's you went to far. :p

Spud, My Son Seth and I will be taking any route from Arizona that will keep us a nice safe distance away from those goofy Seattle Bastards! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&1s=AZ&1y=US&1l=33.303379&1g=-111.840828&1v=CITY&2c=Castlegar&2s=BC&2y=CA&2l=49.296249&2g=-117.654182&2v=CITY
Yea, you better stay to the far right..but as soon as you cross the border all bets are off and all hell will bust loose,I can't wait!! :yahoo:

Yea, you better stay to the far right..but as soon as you cross the border all bets are off and all hell will bust loose,I can't wait!! :yahoo:
Hey Marcus, where has "Pops" Niehart been lately? I have not seen him on this thread or over on that NAFO one.

I hope he's not all constipated up again, I told him to double down on the prunes! That's what Chuy does, it works!

Hey Marcus, where has "Pops" Niehart been lately? I have not seen him on this thread or over on that NAFO one.

I hope he's not all constipated up again, I told him to double down on the prunes! That's what Chuy does, it works!
Don,

I talked to Pops this morning and he's not sure if he can make this, he has a lot of stuff on his plate lately. but will see later if he can make it work to go.

I talked to Pops this morning and he's not sure if he can make this, he has a lot of stuff on his plate lately. but will see later if he can make it work to go.
Blah, blah, blah... tell him I said to get his butt in gear and find a way to make it... or else!!! ;)
I have a bed for him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as in my room has two beds!

Blah, blah, blah... tell him I said to get his butt in gear and find a way to make it... or else!!! ;)
I have a bed for him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as in my room has two beds!
I offered him a bed also, I have 2 Queen beds

Kevin and Marcus, one of you needs to print out this picture 16x20 and one of you needs to go to the Pike Place Fish Market. Buy a small halibut and wrap it in this photo and lay it on his doorstep.

Even that senile old Northwetter will get Miss Tyler's hint quick enough!

DSC5979-XL.jpg

Kevin and Marcus, one of you needs to print out this picture 16x20 and one of you needs to go to the Pike Place Fish Market. Buy a small halibut and wrap it in this photo and lay it on his doorstep.

DSC5979-XL.jpg
Pretty big tool for what could be a small job :D

DSC5979-XL.jpg
Be very careful there Brother Ray, if Niehart reads this he may smack the crap out of you; if not him, then his Gorilla Girlfriend will do the deed! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

NiehartMonkey4.jpg

DSC5979-XL.jpg
Be very careful there Brother Ray, if Niehart reads this he may smack the crap out of you; if not him, then his Gorilla Girlfriend will do the deed! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

NiehartMonkey4.jpg
That's not a girl. That is Bustanut before he started shaving. :lol:

Spud, See what happens, you solict a very good question and these people are unable to stay focused resulting in runaway blather and the topic is lost, so, be forwarned as not to step on any toes.

I have a long ride to get there and back, so maybe a Spokane hookup on the way up and we shall see what happens on the way back, I did the Hells Canyon ovencooker on the way to WFO 8, in my humble words, it sucked, I have no desire to return to that barren temperate waste land again. I did ride the salmon river back in '80 on my way back from Munson Ab, its a very beautiful highway and ride. And, theres always some fishing to be had. I am going to check my maps and try the google thingie, being a computer wastoid. it will be a challenge. \

now let the Flamethrowers scorch my highminded ass.

FWFE