Garmin GPS Route Files for Cape Cod Area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wine Guy

More throttle, less brake
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I'm planning a trip this Summer to travel from Ontario to Cape Cod and was wondering if anyone had any Garmin Route files that they might have used or created to showcase the best roads to ride in the area. I'm creating one for the Cape Cod peninsula to travel around the perimeter off the main roads however why re-invent the wheel if someone has already created one for this area. Thanks in advance. MIKE

I do not have any routes for you, but having summered on the cape as a kid (many moons ago) I can tell you that, if you are looking for a pleasant ride, you will want to stick to the "inside" of the cape until you get out to the elbow (Orleans), at which point you'll be headed straight north on Rte 6 to P-town. There really aren't any other routes out past Oreans. The "outside" towns of Harwich, Yarmouth and Falmouth get extremely congested in the summah time.

Personally, I wouldn't go near the place in mid summer anymore. Early fall is the best time to go. September. Fewer crowds and traffic, water is still pretty warm, places are mostly still open.

Hi Everyone. I'm planning a trip this Summer to travel from Ontario to Cape Cod and was wondering if anyone had any Garmin Route files that they might have used or created to showcase the best roads to ride in the area. I'm creating one for the Cape Cod peninsula to travel around the perimeter off the main roads however why re-invent the wheel if someone has already created one for this area. Thanks in advance. MIKE
For routes, rides, food, views and accommodation information, the New England Riders website is a great resource. Check out their "Best of" section and you will find a very large amount of riding information for New England and upstate NY. They include downloadable GPS routes for individual states.

Rosshttps://www.newenglandriders.org/

Mike

Over at the New England Rider site, there is a whole section dedicated to the Best Roads and Scenic Stops put together by riders in the New England area. This was a collective effort by this group. While I don't know if there is one specifically for Cape Cod, you might want to use this as a resource. These routes and spots are in Google Map, MapSource and GPX formats for everyones convenience.

NER Link

Hope this helps

For routes, rides, food, views and accommodation information, the New England Riders website is a great resource. Check out their "Best of" section and you will find a very large amount of riding information for New England and upstate NY. They include downloadable GPS routes for individual states.

Rosshttps://www.newenglandriders.org/
Whoops I guess I should have scrolled down a bit. :)

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will reconsider the timing of trip based on your comments Fred. The website is a great resource and exactly what I was looking for. Cheers!

Latest posts