Maybe Baby

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Talked to George and if either or both of us get out tomorrow (19th) we are going to eat lunch at the Rhododendron cafe @ 1200hrs. Sort of a rte but neither of us has eaten there before. It is located just east of edison Wa. on hwy 11, it is at the bow hill road intersection. It was mentioned in Sound Rider but who knows. Weather looks doable but who knows. Turnout could be zero to ?.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked to George and if either or both of us get out tomorrow (19th) we are going to eat lunch at the Rhododendron cafe @ 1200hrs. Sort of a rte but neither of us has eaten there before. It is located just east of edison Wa. on hwy 11, it is at the bow hill road intersection. It was mentioned in Sound Rider but who knows. Weather looks doable but who knows. Turnout could be zero to ?.
It used to be really good but I haven't been there in at least 10 years.

Any excuse to get outta the house and head north! We'll see what tomorrow brings. :)

It used to be really good but I haven't been there in at least 10 years.
Ray, why don't you have dinner there tonight and let us know how it is. You've got plenty of time! :p

--G

Tempting... thought he bike needs an oil change before I do any more riding... :(
Duane,

You need to ride tomorrow to warm up the oil before you change it, if the weather is dry I will go. I will check in tomorrow

Tempting... thought he bike needs an oil change before I do any more riding... :(
Duane,

You need to ride tomorrow to warm up the oil before you change it, if the weather is dry I will go. I will check in tomorrow
Dear Marcus,

I appreciate your sage advice. That's what I love about chatting with my elders. They are always handy with such great, useful ideas. I remain undecided even after your guidance, though, and may opt to "warm the oil" of a certain BMW I have in the garage. We'll see what the day brings.

Thanks again for your clarifying insights.

Your young friend,

duane

:lol:

Mixture of white shite and ice this morning...unless it clears up PDQ, not looking too good. :blink:

--G
Price you pay for living in the scenic suburbs. It is 38.4 here on the clearview hill. No white/ice stuff, went to happy donalds for a morning coffee and saw blue sky down south. Weather report is 46 with possible sun peeks whatever that is.

George does not live in the burbs, it is the sticks! Housing is not dense in enough in Monroe to qualify as the burbs. Monroe is the Enumclaw of the northend. Given the Puget Sound Convergence Zone spends most of it time from North Seattle to just north of Arlington and Monroe is east of that, George is in a double whammy zone, away from it all and raining all the damn time.

Sorry George but you know it is true!

I would join you guys today on this diner deluxe affair but I got goat roped into taking some photos for the family. The step daughter wants some photos for her wedding "Save the Date" invitation or some darn thing like that. I think her and the fiancé need to save the date for something else but that topic certainly is not suitable for this forum.

Here is Fontanaman trying to resist the goat roping.

goat.jpg

George does not live in the burbs, it is the sticks! Housing is not dense in enough in Monroe to qualify as the burbs. Monroe is the Enumclaw of the northend. Given the Puget Sound Convergence Zone spends most of it time from North Seattle to just north of Arlington and Monroe is east of that, George is in a double whammy zone, away from it all and raining all the damn time.
Thanks for the meteorological lesson there Fontanaman... :blink: Sad but true, north and south of us is sunny and warm [relatively speaking] and the dark clouds linger DIRECTLY over my place. :(

Hope springs eternal though. It's 37 and climbing, the clouds are lightening up and the ice/slush is rapidly melting from the deck and sidewalks.

Just maybe baby! :)

--G

Not going.

Sun is out in Kirkland...but I'm still not going.

40 degrees here, my fireplace is on and it'll take a damn sight more than crusty old men to entice me to venture out on the crotch barge today... ;)

Thanks for the meteorological lesson there Fontanaman... :blink: Sad but true, north and south of us is sunny and warm [relatively speaking] and the dark clouds linger DIRECTLY over my place. :(

Hope springs eternal though. It's 37 and climbing, the clouds are lightening up and the ice/slush is rapidly melting from the deck and sidewalks.

Just maybe baby! :)

--G

Not only did my post contain a meteorological lesson but included a real estate observation and an image of Fontanaman getting goat roped all in three humorous paragraphs. A damn fine post indeed!

Not going.

Sun is out in Kirkland...but I'm still not going.

40 degrees here, my fireplace is on and it'll take a damn sight more than crusty old men to entice me to venture out on the crotch barge today... ;)

Your probably right. this is "No Country For Young Men". :eek: