Bass Boat Blue 05 at M.O.M.'s

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepperell

Reaction score
Went up to Motorcycles of Manchester (NH) today to look for new boots. They hadn't changed over to bikes from sleds yet, so the pickin's were slim. They mentioned that they'll be carrying Gaerne boots which is what I've been wearing since 2004 and like very much.

They have a 2005 FJR with 115,000 miles on it; was traded in for a 2012 (blue). Was that anyone here?

There wasn't a price on it yet, and I didn't think to ask since I only have 35k on my 2004. :rolleyes:

Linky to MOMs Give them a call.

They used to specialize in used sport bikes and dirt bikes and not so much cruisers, but since they picked up the Yamaha franchise, the lead sleds are outnumbering the good stuff. <_<

They seem to pick up some interesting stuff, though. I've seen 3 & 4 year old bikes with less than 100 miles on them once in a while.

I saw that Bike on Saturday when I stopped in to look at wimmens riding gear. I didn't inquire about it. It did look out of place surrounded by Hyosungs and a bunch of metric cruisers. I did see a Tenere (my first) however. Very Appealing. Bigger than I expected.

As far as gear goes, they have a pretty good selection right now (not in mesh pants for gals). The very helpful sales girls pointed out that they'll be getting a huge amount of new riding gear in about two weeks. So I'll be going back. Maybe I'll have to test ride that Tenere.

That one was my bike. Good runner, nothing to complain about on it as it has been extremely reliable. Just when they came out with the blue bike this year and Triumph did not come out with the Sport Tourer it made up my mind to start over again. A lot of highway miles commuting about 400 miles a week, only driven every day sort of riding. Did the 600 mile oil change on the new one last weekend. Do have a few extras for it if some one picks it up that I can give you a good deal.

Martin

In case anyone is looking, my local dealer (Turco's in North Clarendon, VT) has a 2012 in the crate.

Tom