what manual to get

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunch truck larry

Reaction score
1st week with my 2007, need to buy a manual, ( I couldn't even find the idle adjuster) bye the way, Thank You for the help with that ..Yamafitter even sent a diagram ! around 1000 seems to be good. so now I need a good book.(no CD,s it took me an hour just to poke this out.) there,s are a couple on ebay for around 50. bucks. any good advice? Want to be able to do most stuff ...change filters,plugs tires ...Iam never going to do a valve job but it would be nice to find the idle ajuster.. Larry

When you signed up, this was specifically talked about. Nobody is licensed to make an FJR manual or a CD version of it, so there are no Clymer's editions, and all CD versions are pirated.

The only places to buy a legit one are from Yamaha, a forum member selling one, or off of eBay if it a genuine manual. FWIW, I have a 2007 FJR and use a 2008 manual. There are some little changes, but not enough to stress.

A 2006 or 2007 manual would be better though. Ask around, or just go to the dealer if you can't verify if it's a real manual. They're less than $100.

I'm not sure if they moved the idle adjustment knob, but on my '05 (Gen I), it's right above your right footpeg behind the edge of the fairing. Kind of out of sight, but you can look in there, especially with a flashlight. Normal idle is usually specified at 1100--don't think the year changes that.

I like the handle, by the way. You drive a lunch truck? Own one? Just can't pass one by? Gotta tell us, Larry.

When you signed up, this was specifically talked about. Nobody is licensed to make an FJR manual or a CD version of it, so there are no Clymer's editions, and all CD versions are pirated.

The only places to buy a legit one are from Yamaha, a forum member selling one, or off of eBay if it a genuine manual. FWIW, I have a 2007 FJR and use a 2008 manual. There are some little changes, but not enough to stress.

A 2006 or 2007 manual would be better though. Ask around, or just go to the dealer if you can't verify if it's a real manual. They're less than $100.
Linky...see item#9

The "print-on-demand" doesn't mean you print it at home, it means they don't stock it, but will print one when you order it, and then ship it. Thus the 3 to 5 days for shipping to happen.

I'm looking to buy an service manual from the Yamaha site for a 2009 model. The give four choices, but I'm not sure which one to choose:

FJR 13 AEYCG

FJR 13 EYG

FJR 13 AYB

FJR 13 CB.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

I'm looking to buy an service manual from the Yamaha site for a 2009 model. The give four choices, but I'm not sure which one to choose:

FJR 13 AEYCG

FJR 13 EYG

FJR 13 AYB

FJR 13 CB.

Thanks in advance.

Bob
Bob,

I'd suggest updating your profile to show exactly what model FJR you own. Does it have a clutch lever?

Bob - I thought you bought a 2010 (standard) model?

I thought there was only one service manual for all models of FJR for a specific year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob - I thought you bought a 2010 (standard) model?

I thought there was only one service manual for all models of FJR for a specific year?
I'm with you on the single manual for all models of a specific year but mama's software does ask which model anyway.

FJR 13 AEYCG

FJR 13 EYG

FJR 13 AYB

FJR 13 CB.

Thanks in advance.

Bob
If you have a clutch lever and you didn't buy it in California I'm going to bet you have a FJR13AYB