WOW! I am in love!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyriverbanks

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!

Picked up my new 2011 FJRocket. What a machine. Put about 35 miles on it while trying to follow posted break in procedure. Ready for oil change This thing is quick. I traded off my 2002 concours which I loved but this bike is like getting in a sports car compared to sedan. Smooth, felt very light in comparion. No serious curves but the ones I did cruse the bike handled great. Did have a very small pop on braking at slow speed. I think the steering head bearings need a bit of adjusting unless this is part of the abs. Can't wait to go to deals gap.

I was also very pleased with the 5 gears. Did not feel the need for six. The read out helps. Any words of wisdom for a FNG.

WOW!!!!!

... Did have a very small pop on braking at slow speed. I think the steering head bearings need a bit of adjusting unless this is part of the abs. Can't wait to go to deals gap.

I was also very pleased with the 5 gears. Did not feel the need for six. The read out helps. Any words of wisdom for a FNG.
Congrats on your Bike! It is a great machine.

Suggest you take your Bike in while it is Under Warranty and have this fixed. IF you do it yourself and mess it up, you could Void your Warranty.

Good Luck and Happy Riding!

Give the engine some miles.

And did you get the Yamaha Extended Service (YES) plan?

If not, D&H Cycle, in Cullman(?) Alabama have the killer deal at less than 400 bucks IIRC..

My 2006 FJR just puked a head leak after 150k (hard) miles. Am I upset? Hell no! :yahoo:

But, if you can, the YES is a very good insurance policy.

Congrats on the purchase! I'm on FJR #3 and can't imagine the stable ever not including one.

Tons of information here. Do a lot of reading, take advantage of the collective knowledge and hold on to the credit cards tight... ;) This place will cost you some serious $$$ with all the great ideas and farkles.

--G

I did get the yes plan. $600. Was not sure it was worth it but didn't think it would hurt.
Even at 6, you did good! With most shops at 75 to 125 per hour...
..and if I may, please take it easy on your new ride.

She can sing the sirens call of 'sportbike' but, she is only 25% sportie...

We have seen many a new peep on the forum rant about how sporty their new fjr is then end up wadded.

You seem, uh, more 'knowledgeable' than that, but just felt I had to say it.

In my own experience, upgrading the rear shock and having front suspension work seriously made the fjr a better bike. No more peg or exhaust grinding, and the 'twitch' at high speeds is gone too.

Like G said, we can help you spend your dollars!

Congrats on your new ride!

Congrats on the purchase! I'm on FJR #3 and can't imagine the stable ever not including one.

Tons of information here. Do a lot of reading, take advantage of the collective knowledge and hold on to the credit cards tight... ;) This place will cost you some serious $$$ with all the great ideas and farkles.

--G
Thanks for the note of caution. I can see how quickly this bike could exceed my ability.

That's how I felt when I bought mine. I was amazed by the way my FJR moved. 4.5 years later, I still feel that. Which is why I still love her.

Congrats on the bike again. But, who are you? :) I grew up in Bowling Green and just moved 2 years ago a little further south. I too rode the concours, 2 of them actually. I still help support COG in KY and here in GA as well, been a member too long not to. I love the FJR as well, but I have a problem with trading around too often. I am on my 3rd FJR already!

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here....just have to search before you ask. If you are up around Central Ky. give me a shout. My buddy and I take our FJR's up around Red River Gorge for some good riding.

Congrats on the new bike!!! Perhaps I'll see ya at one of the rides on the forum. There's a campin trip in May at Breaks interstate park on the Ky/Va line.

Congrats! I found an old pic of Duke's first ride, the 01 connie! ( he's done a lot more miles on the Fjr now)

6804931238_5333e37fb6_z.jpg

I want to join the love fest! It was nearly 9 years ago I purchased my new FJR. I had an 87 Connie that I loved, but after riding the FJR, it didn't last too long.

I'm on my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th FJRs - all 04. Over 300,000 miles on FJRs and still love 'em!

:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! I'm in the top of the State, at least when I'm home I am. If you looking for people in your area to ride with also check out www.Kytwisted.com (it really is about motorcycles I promise).

Congrats on the bike again. But, who are you? :) I grew up in Bowling Green and just moved 2 years ago a little further south. I too rode the concours, 2 of them actually. I still help support COG in KY and here in GA as well, been a member too long not to. I love the FJR as well, but I have a problem with trading around too often. I am on my 3rd FJR already!

I moved to BG about 6 years ago with work. Lived previously in Richmond ky. I also belong to COG but was not able to attend any rides. I have done a bun burner and BB gold. My wife rides with me some. You know....I don't think I ever saw a concours around BG. Sport touring machines do not seem that popular. I just don understand it. Seems to be the best but I guess everyone feels that way about their ride. BTW, the great thing about living in richmond ky was I could make it to Deals gap and cheroholla skyway in one day. What part of ga are you in now? At any rate.... That is my short story. Not much more to it than that.