Central Florida Riders...Daytona?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm heading up from Tampa Sat morning the 17th with Screwball and a couple others. Should be rolling in at the track about noonish or a little sooner. Usually park just left of the tunnels.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm open for the most part - lemme know when you can do it. I'm taking a class at BCC Melbourne M-W mornings, but other than that I can meet up.

Mophead is coming in with his son the first part of the week so would be fun to meet up with them. I've "just about" got the FJR buttoned up - still have one more mandatory task I need to do but it's close to being ready to go.

IBA Jax is end of the week; I can't really go up there for several reasons, but I did offer to ride with some friends of mine during the middle ~400 miles or so on Thursday while they do the "Florida Mountain 1000"; dunno the route yet but figure it would have to include Sugarloaf.

Post, PM, or call me when you want to go!

I'm open for the most part - lemme know when you can do it. I'm taking a class at BCC Melbourne M-W mornings, but other that that I can meet up.

Mophead is coming in with his son the first part of the week so would be fun to meet up with them. I've "just about" got the FJR buttoned up - still have one more mandatory task I need to do but it's close to being ready to go.

IBA Jax is end of the week; I can't really go up there for several reasons, but I did offer to ride with some friends of mine during the middle ~400 miles or so on Thursday while they do the "Florida Mountain 1000"; dunno the route yet but figure it would have to include Sugarloaf.

Post, PM, or call me when you want to go!
I was planning a week day, but looks like several guys are headed up Sat morning, the 17th. Might be fun to make that work. I'll get with you in the next couple of days.

I gotta work M-F. Plan on going over on Sat. morning (17th).

Dave

Dave, I'm going to IBA Jax on Friday but will be headed down to Daytona on Sat. I'll try to meet up with you guys at the track.

Joe

So here's an idea.

Meet Saturday morning (17th) in Groveland

Leave out of Groveland on US19

Stay on 19 up into Ocala National Forest

Pick up County Road 445 over to 40 and stay on that to North Daytona

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll put it into the GPS to get travel times.

So here's an idea.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll put it into the GPS to get travel times.
According to Google Maps from Groveland to the Speedway as per your route would be 1hr 53min. It sure would beat slabbing it over on I-4 and dealing with the traffic in Orlando and on to Daytona.

An alternative would be to take US19 to Altoona and CR42 from Altoona to where it meets with SR44 and then catch US92 in DeLand to the Speedway. I've taken CR42 several times and always enjoyed the ride. The travel time either way is the same.

Dave

Hey FLJAB and DaveB and JGreen,

Maybe we can meet up at the track. Like I said, I'm planning on being there by noon, and hoping to grab some lunch about that time. You'll recognize my blue 05 by the car tire. Planning to hang around the vendors for about 3 hours (after getting a bite to eat). I usually park left of the tunnels out in between the two rows of tents that line up parallel to the track. My cell is 727 858 9720. Give me a holler. Would love to meet yous guys.

Gary

darksider #44

Maybe we can meet up at the track. Like I said, I'm planning on being there by noon, and hoping to grab some lunch about that time. You'll recognize my blue 05 by the car tire. Planning to hang around the vendors for about 3 hours (after getting a bite to eat). I usually park left of the tunnels out in between the two rows of tents that line up parallel to the track. My cell is 727 858 9720. Give me a holler. Would love to meet yous guys.

Gary

darksider #44
I'll plan to give you a call Gary when we get over there. Looking forward to meeting you and some of the others.

So here's an idea.

According to Google Maps from Groveland to the Speedway as per your route would be 1hr 53min. It sure would beat slabbing it over on I-4 and dealing with the traffic in Orlando and on to Daytona.

An alternative would be to take US19 to Altoona and CR42 from Altoona to where it meets with SR44 and then catch US92 in DeLand to the Speedway. I've taken CR42 several times and always enjoyed the ride. The travel time either way is the same.

Dave
Thanks for the suggestion Dave, I'll take a look. I know that 92 can get jammed up near Daytona, but then I guess most routes will be the same. I agree though about I4...anything but. :)

Gary

darksider #44
I'll plan to give you a call Gary when we get over there. Looking forward to meeting you and some of the others.
OK, reading comprehension isn't my strong suit - meet on the 17th at the track? or out to - dang where? I'm confused..............................

Screwball is sorting out the route. Looks like it's Lakeland to Groveland to Daytona in that order, arriving at the track maybe around 11 or so.

Gary

Gary

darksider #44
OK, reading comprehension isn't my strong suit - meet on the 17th at the track? or out to - dang where? I'm confused..............................
For clarification, Gary (garyahouse) and his friend Mark will be leaving Tampa and meeting up with me in Lakeland. We will be heading north to Groveland to meet up with DaveB and then on to the Daytona Speedway. We should be there by 11:00-11:30.

Dave

Thinking about rolling over that way one day next week to visit some vendors. Anyone interested?
I am in for a meet up. I am earning my kitchen pass now (It is costing me new Kitchen)

I'll be watching this thread. I too have to work M-F, will most likely head up north on

Sat.
Sounds good. If you want, you can meet me here in East Orlando, then we can head over to Groveland. Hopefully Jim and a couple others will be joining us. I'll get with you next week to set a place and time.

On the 17th Tony could meet me at my house and then we could go up to the track - well, that's what I'll most likely do, so T let us know what you think. Personally I'd just about take an asswhoopin' than ride through Orlando & Clermont (you get spoiled living around beautiful downtown Mims!).

DIS is a big place, so behind the Yamaha tent?

To clarify - 11ish @ Groveland or the Speedway?

On the 17th Tony could meet me at my house and then we could go up to the track - well, that's what I'll most likely do, so T let us know what you think. Personally I'd just about take an asswhoopin' than ride through Orlando & Clermont (you get spoiled living around beautiful downtown Mims!).

DIS is a big place, so behind the Yamaha tent?

To clarify - 11ish @ Groveland or the Speedway?
Speedway.

PM me with your phone number so I can call you when we get there.

Dave

Here are 2 routes I put together for the ride to Daytona this Sat. (17th).

Route 1

Route 2

Take a look at them and let me now which one you prefer. Or, give me your suggestions for a different route.

Dave