MPH/KMH

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoy

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2008 FJR1300A, it was an American Bike that was imported into Canada. On the MFD It currently displays everything in MPH/MPG/F/..., does anyone know how to get it to display in KMH/L/100KM/C/....? I know on my sleds it is just a jumper and they show you how in the owners manual but, I looked in the Owners manual and nothing? I haven't purchased a service manual yet (Just got the bike on the weekend) I am sure it's in there. I can't see them making a new module or software for the few bikes they sell in Canada.

Thanks.

does anyone know how to get it to display in KMH/L/100KM/C/....?
#22 of the New Owners Read This section we suggested strongly you read when you signed up.
And according to that, it doesn't work on Gen II FJRs.....

Is that really true?
I suggest the question to you if it's untrue...you find the documentation. I know I've seen repeated on the forum time-to-time from what I believe are reputable sources that it is true.

Last edited by a moderator:
#22 of the New Owners Read This section we suggested strongly you read when you signed up.
And according to that, it doesn't work on Gen II FJRs.....

Is that really true?
I suggest the question to you Is if it's untrue...you find the documentation. I know I've seen repeated forum discussion that it is true.
Well, excuuuuuse me! So sorry, unlike you, I don't have the time to be on the forum all day and read everything that goes on here.

:finger:

Sounds like our friend to the north is screwed. :(

Well, excuuuuuse me! So sorry, unlike you, I don't have the time to be on the forum all day and read everything that goes on here.
Source link (one anyway) added to the FAQ for your laziness. Incidentally, I found it in less than 30 seconds searching for +miles +kilometers +change. Hardly an all day operation......

Smooches Spinny! I'm catching up quickly on BMR points with you now that snow is melting. :p

I imported an '08 to Canada as well. You cannot change the digital display to metric settings, however, you still have the km/h scale on the speedo face, albeit in smaller typeface.

Sorry, i did read the new owners read this but must have missed that one line.
Haha...That's a LOT of reading. If it really bugs you, I know some have found replacement dash indicators on line. So you could get a new dash face that reads KPH instead of MPH. You'll still be screwed with the temp and MPG reading though.

Sorry, i did read the new owners read this but must have missed that one line.
Haha...That's a LOT of reading. If it really bugs you, I know some have found replacement dash indicators on line. So you could get a new dash face that reads KPH instead of MPH. You'll still be screwed with the temp and MPG reading though.
Not sure if it is going to bug me yet, haven't really ridden the bike yet. I am in North Bay and we still have three feet of snow, riding season probably won't start for another 4 weeks. just thought if it was easy I would get it done. I will just wait and see. I don't plan on staring at it while riding anyways.

I had to wait until our fine FJR Forum dogpile Friday here, but is was so damn well worth it! Please enjoy this real life portrait, naturally that is SkooterG on the left and Ignacio on the right!

nithyananda-pinocchio-how-to-catch-a-liar.png

jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Just picked up a 2008 FJR1300A, it was an American Bike that was imported into Canada. On the MFD It currently displays everything in MPH/MPG/F/..., does anyone know how to get it to display in KMH/L/100KM/C/....? I know on my sleds it is just a jumper and they show you how in the owners manual but, I looked in the Owners manual and nothing? I haven't purchased a service manual yet (Just got the bike on the weekend) I am sure it's in there. I can't see them making a new module or software for the few bikes they sell in Canada.

Thanks.
Not the perfect solution but... GPS? Easy to read and can be either K's or M's!

Thanks.
Not the perfect solution but... GPS? Easy to read and can be either K's or M's!
That's how I roll on my US 2006. When I cross the border, I change the Zumo's display to read in the units of the locale I'm in!