My new FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjleduc

Reaction score
I traded my '07 V-Strom for this last night:

rsz_p1060101.jpg
rsz_p1060103.jpg

Left over 2010. It now has 63 miles on the odo. So far it has been great. Very stable on the highway, and it accelerates like a dream. Makes my DL650 feel like a kids toy. My wife was waiting for me with her gear on when I pulled into the drive, so we had to take it out for a little spin. We ended up riding it to Westminster and going out to dinner with my parents so we could show it off to them. I am very excited.

My wife was waiting for me with her gear on when I pulled into the drive, so we had to take it out for a little spin. We ended up riding it to Westminster and going out to dinner with my parents so we could show it off to them. I am very excited.
Sounds like my wife! That's awesome!!! Congrats on the new bike. Your gonna love it!

Traded my '07 Vee for a used '07 Feejr a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't be happier. Good luck with the new ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded my '07 Vee for a used '07 Feejr a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't be happier. Good luck with the new ride!
I thinks silver looks waaaay better in person than in photos. If u ever get a Shad top case, I have the SH50 with the silver color plate and it's damn near an exact match. Congrats! Ride safe.

Congrats on the new FJR!!!

Yes, it is quite a bit different than a Wee-Strom.

Be careful, and ENJOY!!!

Congrats on your new ride, good to have a wife that likes to ride, now you can say all the farkels are for her riding comfort. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the club!! You are lucky to have a wife that excited to ride, enjoy!! Maybe buy her a FJR as well, might be able to pull of a bulk discount.

congradulations on your new scooter, thanks for posting pictures, we've never seen one before! :rolleyes: Have fun, it's Friday

Great looking bike. My previous bike was a silver Bandit 1200. Silver is a great color--looks good dirty and better clean. I now have black--the BEST color when very clean, but the clean look never lasts.

I also picked up a holdover bike--an '08 I bought in March '09. It's great to be the original owner, even if you do have to pay a more!

Yeah it is nice that she likes to ride, and it is also good that she likes the FJR 'cause otherwise I wouldn't have it ;) . For now though she is happy being the passenger.

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the club!! You are lucky to have a wife that excited to ride, enjoy!! Maybe buy her a FJR as well, might be able to pull of a bulk discount.

Yeah I kinda like the feeling of being the original owner, of putting those first miles on it. And as far as paying more, most of the used bikes in my area were not a whole lot cheaper then what mine cost so I just figured that I would get a new one.

Great looking bike. My previous bike was a silver Bandit 1200. Silver is a great color--looks good dirty and better clean. I now have black--the BEST color when very clean, but the clean look never lasts.

I also picked up a holdover bike--an '08 I bought in March '09. It's great to be the original owner, even if you do have to pay a more!

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded my '07 V-Strom for this last night:

rsz_p1060101.jpg
rsz_p1060103.jpg

Left over 2010. It now has 63 miles on the odo. So far it has been great. Very stable on the highway, and it accelerates like a dream. Makes my DL650 feel like a kids toy. My wife was waiting for me with her gear on when I pulled into the drive, so we had to take it out for a little spin. We ended up riding it to Westminster and going out to dinner with my parents so we could show it off to them. I am very excited.
Welcome to the club. I traded my 09 Harley FLHX back in Dec. and haven't looked back yet. You made a good choice I got a 10 also.