What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheesyRider

Reaction score
What did you do to your FJR today?

There are probably a lot of things folks do to their FJRs that may not warrant a whole new topic. This thread is a place to post such things.

Last edited:
Well, since I started this thread, I should post up what I did! I got an early b-day present from my wife, a Fenda Extenda. She gave it to me early so I can put it on while the FJR still has 0 miles on it. I told her she didn't have to give it early because I wouldn't be able to ride the FJR until insurance on the bike kicked in on the 15th. Then she told me the best part. She called the insurance guy, so I'll be covered starting tomorrow. I can hardly wait to ride!

Back to the Fenda Extenda. I roughed up both surfaces, glued with 5-minute plastic epoxy, and clamped. I did the same thing with the Bandit a few years ago and it has held up great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, lets see...I bought my FJR used it has a Corbin seat and came with the V-Stream windscreen..so I ordered and just received my Grip Puppies (only cuz my SO liked the name) and my OES frame sliders. So today while it is raining outside, I will be in the garage installing said mentioned parts. Have a great day everyone.

Rexford

I rode my FJR this past Wednesday, which is really early for this area. The weather reached almost 60 degrees, so I just had to ride. Temps were about 50 when i got home. Three hours of bliss after months in hibernation. I had forgotten how comfy and smooth the FJR is - it was so smooth I even bounced off the rev limiter in second gear once because I didn't realize i had wound it out that high.

It is snowing again today. Sigh.

I turned the key on to run the fuel pump through it's start cycle. The roads are clear and the weather has been nice, but there is still too much mud and snow in the driveway to get out for a ride. I do have some electrical work planned before I do any long distance riding this season, but I haven't made time for it yet.

I walked passed it and said Hi on my way to work this morning. It is still sitting there without a suspension, but the parts are on their way home.

I have spent the last five months Farkleing mine out. The list is long and extensive. I am down to the last few items now. Today will be Grip Buddies! Much better than Grip puppies. See earlier post in Parts and Acc. Then the last piece of the puzzle this year will be an Adaptive TPX. I would really like a Tanji Aux. tank but the price tag is a bit much for my wallet right now. At least until I can sell a few bang-sticks....

Rode it to work at 32 degrees, enjoyed the recently installed grip warmers and new Russell seat, rode it home at 70 degrees! Ahhhh, winter in California :)

Turned the heat on in my shop, waited an hour for the frost on the bike to disappear.

Took the battery from the house and installed it on the bike.

Fired up the bike (doors open, of course - lost all the heat in the shop!).

Tested the Oxford Heaterz heated grips - OK.

Closed the doors to warm the shop up again.

Removed the battery and took it back inside the house.

Turned the heat off in the shop.

Went out for coffee.

A very productive two hours - for an elderly retired person :D

Haha...I installed my brand new Throttle Meister last night, and then rode it to the office this morning. Leaving a light, some asshat was trying to force his way in front of me, so I hit the throttle. At 43 degrees outside, I think the tires were cold because I noticed that the rear end was squirming and the front end was very light. Oops. Mighta done a full wheelie if it had been warm enough for the rear tire to hook up properly.

Figures a dolt like you would install that POS Throttle Meister.
Eat shit bubba gump...I had to install it after installing those A'ME grips. My Vista Cruise wouldn't work anymore and I couldn't find anything but the TM that would work with them. So far I like it. It looks really good, and I think it'll hold just fine. I don't really need cruise control, just something to give my had a break, or let me fool around with something other than the throttle.

If I had the money, it'd be a Mcruise all the way.

Figures a dolt like you would install that POS Throttle Meister.
Skoot, you're heartless. I was too cheap to buy a Throttle Meister so I chose a set of heated grips that allowed me to re-use my Vista-Cruise. That would make me a double dolt... whatever that is. UGGH.
Anyway, since I've been riding the FJR all week, I washed it last night. And with a 40% chance of rain, decided to be a cager today.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator: