IJet for IPod - Bluetooth?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiteflyer

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting one of the IJets to bluetooth to my ScalaQ2 headset. Can't seem to find an answer to the bluetooth question. Any of you guys on the forum have any experience with these Ijet units? I'd really like to stay away from a connecting cable. Thanks -

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the new Sena SM10 Bluetooth transmitter unit that was recently announced. You could plug in any audio device to it (XM, MP3, iPod, etc.) and it also has a mono input for a GPS or radar-detector. The big difference between it and their SR10 is the SR10 has no stereo capability. Note that although this is made by Sena it should work fine with your unit as it's just a Bluetooth transmitter.

Announcement

I've been using one of these RF Remotes for a couple of years with my Scala Rider Q2. The little 30-pin receiver attaches to the iPod nano in my shirt pocket, and the remote control is velcro'd on my left handlebar within easy reach. The only drawback is that it is a wired connection between the iPod and the Q2, but since it's only from pocket to helmet, it's not really been an inconvenience for me.

1821.15123.600x400.IPNRFCS.jpg

it looks like to me you can't get rid of a wire completely even with the new Sena SM10 (correct me if I'm wrong). You still have to plug in your device to the transmitter. You will have to choose where you want the cord, between the device and transmitter, or a cord to the helmet. I've been using a starcom with the bluetooth attachment for a while now and like it. It is completely wireless from the device (iPhone) to the starcom which is very nice. I do have to plug in my helmet to the bike however, so there is a cord there. I have not had any issues with a cord there because it's just to easy just to plug it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the real question for Kiteflyer is what is it that you want to pipe sound from?

If it's an old iPod with only an audio-out jack than you need a wire to connect it to a Bluetooth transmitter (such as the to-be-released Sena SM10 or something like it). If you want to control it remotely because you keep it in your tankbag then you'd want something like the Schosche unit. Note that the unit shown does not allow a power pass-thru connection like some others do.

If you have something like an iPhone or an iTouch than they already have Bluetooth built-in. You may still want a remote if you plan to keep it on your tankbag.

Do you want to navigate through songs as well as having the Bluetooth streaming? There are plenty of Bluetooth Gateways. Kensington actually had the perfect product for this, but they discontinued it. Pissed me off, because I lost the remote. I found another one on Craigslist, but probably is the last one that was reasonably priced.

I am installing this on a buddy's bike this spring.

https://www.amazon.com/Clarion-BLT370-Bluetooth-Transceiver-Auxiliary/dp/B000UC158O

11g91WrsDmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Our goal is to actually hide the Clarion module in the bike somewhere. Then we'll put a small pushbutton on his left hand controls for the Next Track. Just a matter of tacking on a couple of wires to the circuit board inside the housing at that point. We did the same thing with his J&M. We turned his Flash To Pass switch into a PTT. Works really well.

Something to think about.

Thanks guys! I went ahead and ordered the IJet, should be here this weekend. I'll report back with how I get it working. From what little I could find about the IJet, it broadcasts a RF frequency in the FM band that I should be able to pick up with the FM receiver option on my Scala Rider Q2.

I'll just have to play with it and get it working. Thanks again. :ph34r:

Latest posts