RaceTech fork springs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luis

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently upgraded my fork springs on my 01 FJR for RaceTech springs 0.9mm/kg. Upgrade went well... now, my rebound damping gos from 17 clicks from all the way in to all the way out(with OEM srings) to 30 something! Is it possible? I, for sure, put in the damping rods and all the components in a fairly methodical manner... anything wrong?

Cheers

GPS explained it to me this way: before installing fork caps on dampening tubes, turn the adjuster(clicker) completely counter clockwise. Then turn the clicker in 17 clicks. Then screw the cap on to the dampening tube until it turns the tube. This will seat the adjuster on the dampening rod adjuster. Next snug the 14mm lock nut down/up on the cap. Back off 3-4 clicks and complete torque on the 14mm lock nut. I don't think your 30 clicks will hurt anything. 13 of those clicks won't affect.

Another tip; Always torque down the 4 lower pinch bolts on the triple tree first. Gives you a much better chance of maintaining forktru and parallel. Made a big improvement for me.