Solo So. Cal 180 Miles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
Realized this morning that I had almost the whole day to myself. Just needed to be back home to shoot some photos of my granddaughter by 4:30pm. So I grabbed the camera and the GoPro and headed out. The weather could not have been better!

Started at San Francisquito Canyon, 5 minutes from my house. Took the canyon up around the back of Lake Elizabeth.

P1030180.jpg

Then grabbed Munz Ranch Road and headed out to the Poppy Reserve. Barely any poppies yet. Not sure if I'm too late or too early.

P1030185.jpg

P1030183.jpg

Next I grabbed 138 over to Gorman.

P1030188.jpg

Stopped at Mickey D's since mother nature was calling in a BIG way. While I was there I grabbed a quick bite. There's much better places to grub on this ride, but I needed to be back home. No food photos...you all know what a Big Mac looks like.

Next stretch was through Frazier Park and left onto Lockwood Valley Road.

P1030194.jpg

I had the whole valley to myself. It was deserted!

P1030200.jpg

Here's a shot from towards the top of Lockwood Valley Road.

P1030204.jpg

And some cool looking rock formations.

P1030206.jpg

Same rock formations with my fat ass in the picture.

P1030210.jpg

Stopped to look over Ojai Valley. My ass was starting to hurt. (Stock seat.) To bad I didn't have an extra $800 since I just rode right by Russell Seats :(

P1030213.jpg

And lastly a shot of Ojai Valley.

Picked up traffic through Ojai as usual and a bit through Santa Paul and Fillmore. Not bad though.

Home in time to shower and go shoot some photos of Lilly.

Cheers!

b

Nice RR FJRBilldo (I know I'm gonna spell Billdo wrong one of these days ;) ) Been along time since I was in So Cal. Thanks for sharing.

I felt your pain about the stock seat. One of the first changes I made. You mention riding by Russell seats. Thought they were at the other end of the state.

Nice RR FJRBilldo (I know I'm gonna spell Billdo wrong one of these days ;) ) Been along time since I was in So Cal. Thanks for sharing.

I felt your pain about the stock seat. One of the first changes I made. You mention riding by Russell seats. Thought they were at the other end of the state.
I think dad Russell sold the company to his two sons. They are both doing their own thing in different places. I probably have that all wrong...i'm sure some other forum members can clear it up. You may also be thinking of Rick Mayer saddles in nor cal. Also a great seat guy.

I think dad Russell sold the company to his two sons. They are both doing their own thing in different places. I probably have that all wrong...i'm sure some other forum members can clear it up. You may also be thinking of Rick Mayer saddles in nor cal. Also a great seat guy.
Russell Day Long is located in Shasta, and its Bill Mayer who's in Ojai and Rick Mayer is near Cloverdale.

Cool ride.... Don't expect any Poppies this yr. We have had next to zero rain. We saw some along the road but that is it.

Nice ride report.

Nice RR.

You might as well be on the moon to me. :D I'm so used to seeing greenery...green grass, tall green trees...etc. I've never been to the desert or Sacramento valley and I'm not used to seeing brown & barren landscapes with scrub-brush and no tree's! It's probably not even technically the "desert" but it looks that way to me. Very interesting to see other parts of the country where people ride & call home. TFS.

Nice RR.

You might as well be on the moon to me. :D I'm so used to seeing greenery...green grass, tall green trees...etc. I've never been to the desert or Sacramento valley and I'm not used to seeing brown & barren landscapes with scrub-brush and no tree's! It's probably not even technically the "desert" but it looks that way to me. Very interesting to see other parts of the country where people ride & call home. TFS.
There's lots of trees and greenery, just hard to find a safe place to stop during that portion of the ride to get photos. Regardless it can be an attractive landscape in its own weird sort of way. Someday I'll get over to your neck of the woods. Looks awesome.

Someday I'll get over to your neck of the woods. Looks awesome.
Conversely I'd love to go out west and ride!!! I've only been to Seattle & Lake Tahoe and that's it. Both great places. But I have about 100 more places on the west coast that I'd like to explore.

Latest posts