A Couple of FJR's at Annie's Hot Dogs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I was at Hot Dog Annie's, I was riding a nearly new CB350K4.

They were 8 for a dollar at that time. Now 8 for ten dollars. Seems about right.

Guess Annie's is now on my destination list...I would add that a ride around Quabbin resevoir with a stop at the park is fun..

Guess Annie's is now on my destination list...I would add that a ride around Quabbin resevoir with a stop at the park is fun..
I had my first break down at Quabbin. I had a used/abused Honda Super 90 and the rectifier failed. Prior owner had replaced the main fuse with a "big un." Rectifier failed, and all the smoke leaked out of the wiring harness.

One of Massachusetts' finest shared his kielbasa sandwich with a poor kid at the State Police Barracks that used to be there (maybe it still is). Very nice guy took pity on a 16 year old on his first big two wheel adventure. Sigh....

I gotta stop by these places next time I'm on my way to Maine.

Well now Mr. ET, ain't that a coincidence! I had my first breakdown ever right on the damn dam at Quabbin...The stator on my FJ1200 fried. The bike would push start so I pulled the headlight fuse to save juice but the the bike wouldn't start at all after that. I figured the battery was dead but stupid forgot that the fuel pump was on the headlight circuit.. Would up calling my daughter and her Dodgy Dodge truck much to the delight of my Honda and Kawi mounted friends..

Well now Mr. ET, ain't that a coincidence! I had my first breakdown ever right on the damn dam at Quabbin...The stator on my FJ1200 fried. The bike would push start so I pulled the headlight fuse to save juice but the the bike wouldn't start at all after that. I figured the battery was dead but stupid forgot that the fuel pump was on the headlight circuit.. Would up calling my daughter and her Dodgy Dodge truck much to the delight of my Honda and Kawi mounted friends..
Its nice to have friends and family with pickups. They weren't too common in 1967. Lucky for me that the bikes were smaller. My Dad came and got me. We threw the bike in the back of the full size Bonneville station wagon. My Dad shook his head for a month.

A friend of mine is planning an adventure into uncivilized territory for July, and he is taking an unreliable adventure bike (don't ask why). He is busy programming his cell phone with the phone numbers of people with pickups who are too far away to help, for use when he is in areas where there is no cell signal :( . I hope they're not needed.