FODS V

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UberKul

Tire Assassin
Reaction score
Hopefully others will post up their pictures but her's a few of the early birds ride today,

Damages:

Tenere front fender and bent front rim.

XR 650r radiator and shroud

DRZ drive chain.

Oh yeah we are having fun now!

DSCN3610-L.jpg

The daily photos as the come in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday 3/16 FODS V Ride Itinerary: Uberkul-Brad will be leading the "Young Snotty Punks Dirt Squids Group" and Papa Chuy Viejo will be leading the "AARP Adventure Geezers Group". Here is what the ride plans are for the "Old Farts Dirt Donks Society" today":

First ride Titus Canyon via Beatty, after topping off our tanks at the Stagecoach Inn Chevron. Then it is a stop at Ubehebe Crater for pictures and a pee (hey, we are Old Folks; just ask Niehart about this!). After that we ride dirt Southwest to Teakettle Junction.

After a photo opportunity at Teakettle Junction, the big tank off road bikes may continue on to The Racetrack. Since I am riding a 4-gallon tank bike, I will be leading the small bladder boys on to Furnace Creek for fuel. We'll also stop in for lunch there too.

Legally, we're required to register and check in at the Death Valley National Park Visitor's Center. Luckily, we Senior Citizens over 62 get our Lifetime Passes for only $10. We will then visit the 20 Mule Team Borax Historical Site. Then back to Longstreet Inn.

Thinking of FODS VI next year... Great pictures so far.... keep them coming!
Ya that'd be fun, but you know you have to ride there right :D

Hey, if you heading down St. Thomas way anytime soon.. theirs a low mileage WR250R for sale that I'm interested in. It'd mean selling my beloved CBR, but I think the dualie would suit me better.

We Canadians give this Death Valley ride two fingers up!

NRR.jpg

And thank Richard very much for being such a gracious tour guide :)

Hee Hee,

BTDT!

DSCN3652-L.jpg

..soo, how did the old balding phat riders riding even phatter 'dirt bikes' fare? :blink: :lol:

We Canadians give this Death Valley ride two fingers up!

NRR.jpg

And thank Richard very much for being such a gracious tour guide :)
It has been a real pleasure riding with the warm and friendly Western Canada Folks. Normally at our FJR Forum events we must ride with those degenerate, miscreant and derelict "peoples" from the Provinces of Ontario and Quebec; this is such a refreshing change! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Hey, if you heading down St. Thomas way anytime soon.. theirs a low mileage WR250R for sale that I'm interested in. It'd mean selling my beloved CBR, but I think the dualie would suit me better.
https://www.moabvalleyrv.com/index.html Here you go Tom and Steve, this is location of FODS VI. Dates will be the last weekend of March 2013, with the event running Thursday through Sunday.

https://www.rawhyde-offroad.com/home.html A WR250 would be an absolutely perfect moto for FODS VI, the Moab Valley is where RawHyde Adventures conducts their Canyonlands Expedition Treks.

How do you know I'll have to ride there??????.... I might be already in the hood...... jus' saying