IBA Certification Ride...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
Leaving from my house in Valencia, CA at 3am. Wife will be starting and ending witness. Up the 5 through Sacramento to Reno then back on the 395. First half is to burn up the miles, second half will actually be a purdy ride ;)

Wish me luck!

Cheers,

b

Depending on timing, I might be able to witness a stop for ya in the Turlock area that morning. PM me with details and we'll see if I can help you out. Good luck!

Thanks CAJW! Perhaps we could meet up in Patterson? Or somewhere else further away for you - could give you an excuse to get some miles in that day ;-)

Cheers,

B

Have fun. I did my SS1K two years ago and pretty much did the same route except backwards. I left at 3am and was home by 9pm. I was able to complete it in under 18 hours with a lunch stop and lots of quick stops for gas and stretching.

my google route

By the way these are the only two pictures I took the entire ride :D

ironbutt013.jpg

ironbutt015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess i'm gonna have to get a new shoe before the ride :angry2:

photo-2.jpg

Stock tire. 6500 miles.
I'm about an hour away from you but if you want to have tires shipped to my house in Corona I can swap your tires for free :D
Thank you Sir. I already have an appt. at MC Tireworks real close to my house. $129 for the tire, $40 to install balance etc. It's more of a time constraint for me this weekend. Have to go get bent over for tires on the wife's car on the same day. Damn thing has run-flats. $$$$$$ :blink:

All set for tomorrow :yahoo:

Got all my IBA papers, toilet paper (you never know), basic tools, on-board compressor and plugs, and extra clothes even though the weather is supposed to be amazing! Oh and of course water, munchies, maps, and spare batteries for the SPOT.

3am witness /departure - hope to be back home snuggled up in bed by just after midnight. I was the most concerned about Donner Pass but the weather looks like it should be great when we go by :p

Can ya tell I'm excited?

Have fun! Really enjoy the experience..... it can be a life changing event, even if a small one. You'll never ever forget your first SS1000.

Latest posts