Saturday GCCBurger run thru Jemez

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigPaz

Target Fixationalist
Reaction score
ok, all you abq riders (HRZ, NMRR, ABQFJR...) this is the second of the official Green Chile Cheeseburger runs. Saturday, 24th of March. meet at Wal-Mart in RR (528 and Unser) at 8:00 (i'll verify the time tonight). ride up to Jemez to La Queva for lunch, then through Los Alamost (some really technical twisties) and back through Santa Fe.

i guess i'm gonna have to get stickers or some shit, for the Official GCCBurger quest 2012...

P.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, all you abq riders (HRZ, NMRR, ABQFJR...) this is the second of the official Green Chile Cheeseburger runs. Saturday, 24th of May. meet at Wal-Mart in RR (528 and Unser) at 8:00 (i'll verify the time tonight). ride up to Jemez to La Queva for lunch, then through Los Alamost (some really technical twisties) and back through Santa Fe.

i guess i'm gonna have to get stickers or some shit, for the Official GCCBurger quest 2012...

P.
I was just about to say I couldn't make this ride because I'll be out of town on the 24th of May. But then I noticed that the 24th of May is a Thursday. Do you mean this weekend, the 24th of March?

ok, all you abq riders (HRZ, NMRR, ABQFJR...) this is the second of the official Green Chile Cheeseburger runs. Saturday, 24th of March. meet at Wal-Mart in RR (528 and Unser) at 8:00 (i'll verify the time tonight). ride up to Jemez to La Queva for lunch, then through Los Alamost (some really technical twisties) and back through Santa Fe.

P.
I was just about to say I couldn't make this ride because I'll be out of town on the 24th of May. But then I noticed that the 24th of May is a Thursday. Do you mean this weekend, the 24th of March?
it says March....

now... oops.

P.
it says March....

now... oops.
Haha... now I look stupid. Good one! :)

Let me see if the wife and I have anything already planned that day. She keeps all our engagements written down in her purse-calendar-thingy 'cuz I can't remember anything for shit.

Are non-FJR riders welcome along?

P.
it says March....

now... oops.
Haha... now I look stupid. Good one! :)

Let me see if the wife and I have anything already planned that day. She keeps all our engagements written down in her purse-calendar-thingy 'cuz I can't remember anything for shit.

Are non-FJR riders welcome along?
all riders welcome. my friend Eddie rides a Vulcan Venture. (it's his ride. i just piggy-backed)

Are you talking 8am? Pretty sure you'll make it for lunch. I can't commit, but will try to make it. I'd like to meet some of the newer "Newer Mexico" FJR riders. I seen you on the road I'm sure. one of you wears a Safety Green jacket i've passed a couple of time recently. I'll try to get there. How many bikes make this run anyway?

Are you talking 8am? Pretty sure you'll make it for lunch. I can't commit, but will try to make it. I'd like to meet some of the newer "Newer Mexico" FJR riders. I seen you on the road I'm sure. one of you wears a Safety Green jacket i've passed a couple of time recently. I'll try to get there. How many bikes make this run anyway?
That might be me... it's a vest, though. Thinking about ditching it once the Motoport gear arrives... had Wayne put some extra reflective striping on it. :)

I've made this run exactly once, but it was back in 2008 on a KLR650... I'm sure it would be a whole different experience on the Feejer.

not sure of the time, but i know Eddie likes to start early. i'll also have to see how many peeps responded to his Facebook invite. more to come....

NMRR, i'm trying to figure out if you were the guy i met in the parking lot of Bobby J's...

P.

Don't think I've ever ridden the FJR to BJ's, but I do shop there. I ride an 07, you can tell my bike by looking at the tail end. :p

Don't think I've ever ridden the FJR to BJ's, but I do shop there. I ride an 07, you can tell my bike by looking at the tail end. :p
yeah, this guy was riding an 08-09. he had just came back from Alamagordo. well, it will be good to meet ya anyway.

P.

Ok...I'm in. Took the bike to Bobby J's today for the new fork seals. Should be done by Thursday.

FWIW, the ride to Jemez is only about an hour and 0800 on my day off is early. 10 would be better if we're gonna eat lunch at Los Ojos. It'll give the roads a chance to warm up too.

Ok...I'm in. Took the bike to Bobby J's today for the new fork seals. Should be done by Thursday.

FWIW, the ride to Jemez is only about an hour and 0800 on my day off is early. 10 would be better if we're gonna eat lunch at Los Ojos. It'll give the roads a chance to warm up too.
Awesome, AJ!! i'm thinking he said 0900, but i'll check tonight. if Dustin, Skoot and the sheep guy come, that would be awesome!! and it's not Lost ojos, it's La Queva... i'm pretty sure... again, i'll check tonight.

UPDATE: meet at walmart on 528 and unser at 10:30 (boy was i off...) KSU 10:45. lunch is La Queva. then through LA to Santa Fe. @ I-25 and 14 south, we can either take 25 for a brisk run back, or take 14 for a little more scenery. Eddie needs to come back sooner, so he's taking 25. i'd rather take 14 myself...

really looking forward.

P.