My new FJR in my garage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanAmerican

Reaction score
MyBike.jpg

Now I can only get the clutch clunking issue to be solved ...

Nice!

"Now I can only get the clutch clunking issue to be solved ..."

Try holding the clutch in for 5 seconds before selecting 1st gear, works for me.

Best regatds

Surly

:ph34r:

Select first gear before starting.

Pull in clutch (don't forget)

Start bike.

No clunk.

PITA but no clunk.

Sit for 5 mins while bike warms to 2 bars so oil light doesn't come on.......

It could be worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not black,

If I remember correctly it's called charcoal on the AE model. Poor lighting doesn't help in the pic. either. Doesn't he know all FJR's clunk. ;)

Dave

I took the bait, hook, line and sinker!

I am a sucker fish.

:dribble:

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:
Don't Worry Surly! You're excused for not knowing anything about the Wonderful World of the AE. It's a Happy Place where, you can be in the next gear as fast as your brain can think it! You'd like that world very much. Best Regards! :)

Were the 08 and 09 AEs the same color? I thought the 08 was Granite Gray and the 09 was Matalic Titanium. I love the Granite Gray on my 08. When I saw a holdover 08 AE on the floor for $9999.00 I had to have it and the 07 was history!

Were the 08 and 09 AEs the same color? I thought the 08 was Granite Gray and the 09 was Matalic Titanium. I love the Granite Gray on my 08. When I saw a holdover 08 AE on the floor for $9999.00 I had to have it and the 07 was history!
The '08 & '09AE are the same Color. IIRC I think its Called Granite. Love it! But, I'm not tired of Looking at my Cerulean Blue Silver Yet :clapping:

MyBike.jpg

Ok, so the bike is nice, and I mean really nice. I didn't even know these came in that color and I love it. but....
I think whatever vehicle all those tires is for also deserves some picture whoring time here as well. Let's see it!!!

MyBike.jpg

Ok, so the bike is nice, and I mean really nice. I didn't even know these came in that color and I love it. but....
I think whatever vehicle all those tires is for also deserves some picture whoring time here as well. Let's see it!!!

Those tires are the snow tires for my car, and my two daughter's cars. Nothing more.