Harbor Freight Dolly - Who has it

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one. Wait for a 20% off coupon for sure. It's only OK. The wheels are hard and small, so you have to have a flat smooth surface to move it around on. The tricky part is getting the bike up on it, since you can't really see it if you try to ride-on (slowly) and it tends to roll around if try to walk it up very slowly.

The first dozen or so times I was not straight on, so I ended up rolling up on the the sidewall of the rail. Once on, it's pretty easy to roll around on a smooth surface.

How do you get the 20% off coupon?

I've got one. Wait for a 20% off coupon for sure. It's only OK. The wheels are hard and small, so you have to have a flat smooth surface to move it around on. The tricky part is getting the bike up on it, since you can't really see it if you try to ride-on (slowly) and it tends to roll around if try to walk it up very slowly.

The first dozen or so times I was not straight on, so I ended up rolling up on the the sidewall of the rail. Once on, it's pretty easy to roll around on a smooth surface.

I got one a couple of months ago. Works fine in my garage floor, seems sturdy enough. One of Harbor Freights decent deals if you wait for the sale. I've seen several coupons in Cycle World for $59.

I have one and like it a lot. don't order over the internet like my wife did for me for Christmas two years ago. When a part was missing from the box the nightmare started. A bricks/mortar store employee did right by me and swapped out my incomplete dolly and gave me one that was complete. My garage is flat and smooth and it is easy to roll around. I T the dolly into a 2x6 at the far wall of the garage and drive the bike onto the dolly. It is fairly easy to get it on straight if you have enough room to get the bike straight before you start driving it up onto the dolly. I use plywood in the side stand platform to make the bike even more upright so it takes up even less room. Even if you can't get a coupon it is a good deal at under $100.

I called Harbor Freight and they gave me 20% off, I told them I dont have the coupon, but would like to place an order today.

He also gave me free shipping to Chicago.

I have one and like it. I wanted the park and move dolly but didn't want to pay that much. The only problem I have had is that my garage floor is very smooth and the first couple times I tried to put the bike on the dolly slid forward. I solved this by putting a small piece of that rubber shelf liner stuff under the part of the ramp that flips down. No more problems. I haven't had any trouble getting the bike on straight. once I get lined up I ride right on. It rolls around easily and just takes a vew seconds to turn it so the car can get in.

Don

The instructions warn you against riding the bike into it, but good luck pushing 650 pounds onto it. Lawyers write those warnings. Just make sure you're lined up & she goes on easily. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I called Harbor Freight and they gave me 20% off, I told them I dont have the coupon, but would like to place an order today.

He also gave me free shipping to Chicago.
I mean this sincerely.....good luck on the ordering/shipping. If it arrives with all the pieces you'll be okay. Mine didn't and I had to call customer service (off shore, I'm sure) several times with no success. Last time I called them the person said his name was Peter Parker. I said, really, I'm talking with spider man?! Still didn't get satisfaction until I returned it to a store and the salesman really helped out.

I have been using one for ~ 3 years. It works great.

I ride the bike making sure it is straight to the dolly and put a piece of wood on the tray area to keep the bike from leaning too much to the car in the garage.

FJRonDolly-1.jpg