JMCB mount on an AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diablo456

Reaction score
Very recently bought a 2008 FJR1300AE. Once a solenoid problem was sorted by the local shop, it's been a great bike. My prior GL1800 had a well-used intercom, so one of my first farkles after a bit of research is a nice JMCB-2003 system off ebay. (I already own helmets with the J&M headsets, so this was a good choice).

One immediate problem was mounting this on the AE, as the usual method uses the bolts from the clutch mount to position the unit. After a bit of head-scratching (and not much luck with a google search), I found a solution.

Pics tell the story. Drilled a few holes through the turn-signal housing and used appropriate spacers. Very solid. Bolts are M5, and the spacers were unused bits from a flat-screen TV mount I had sitting around. The rear spacer was ground at an angle to match the housing, and similar angled spacer was used under the head of the bolt to provide a solid surface. Note that the stiff cables from the JCMB also keep if from pivoting and help stability. Position is ideal. Screen is easy to read on the bike, the PTT button is where it should be for easy reach but not in the way of the grip with gloves.

Hope you don't mind the post, thought I'd document this for anyone else looking to mount the JMCB on an AE.

FJR4.jpg

FJR2.jpg

FJR3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your next farkle should be installing more digits on your left hand. Now with the CB in addition to turn signals and shifting you might find your selve a bit short fingered. :)

Joe

Your next farkle should be installing more digits on your left hand. Now with the CB in addition to turn signals and shifting you might find your selve a bit short fingered. :)

Joe
He can shift with his foot while he is talking. :D