Adacks Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

road runner

Reaction score
Hey Gang

I'm thinking of heading up an Adirondacks ride. I'm thinking of having it on Saturday June 16 2012 rain date 6/17. The route is 324 miles with Johnstown NY as base camp where there is plenty of lodging and eateries. We will leave at 9:00 am and be back at 6:00 pm. I need to figure out how to post the route, and just checking to see how much interest there is in it.

Art

EDIT; date changed to 6-16-12

Ride info, and check in, over Here

Last edited by a moderator:
HELL Ya!

I love the 'dacks, and I think we could have a great time. Not sure what your intentions are (one up or two).

But either way, I'm in.

Hey Fred

I figured you would want to, and yeah it will be fun. I've got a great route (very similar to the one I made for NERDS) and I'd like to share it. One up or two up doesn't matter, what ever floats your bass boat blue. I'll be one up, but Felicia and I would love to see you and Joann at dinner.

I will be riding at about 10 over (for the most part) and waiting at every turn for all. Also may have someone riding sweep who knows the route. Like any ride "ride your own ride" it's all about having fun, not a race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love to, but this is just 2 weeks after the camp out. No can do.

Hum.. I've got plans for May, Aug and Sept. I need to fill up my dance card.

This will be a great ride and I'd love to be there. Unfortunately, it conflicts with SFO for me. :huh:

Harlan- It will be good to see you again.

Steve- You might have the 2 wheel flu that Friday.

Greg- Was hoping to see you too.

Well, what if we had it on 6-16-12. Americade is the week of 6-4 threw 6-9 so I just thought the week before would be cooler, but the week after may be doable if that's better for you all. Although 6-17 is Fathers Day.

Let me know.

Well, what if we had it on 6-16-12. Americade is the week of 6-4 threw 6-9 so I just thought the week before would be cooler, but the week after may be doable if that's better for you all. Although 6-17 is Fathers Day.

Let me know.
6/16 would work for me. It would be the kick off to my trip west for NAFO.

SFO & NAFO, damn you sure are getting your moneys worth out of the Feej. :clapping:

OK lets see what the others think. I hate to set a date then change it after some have already said yes. If it works for all that have said yes then we'll do it, but if not then we may have to keep it at original date.

This will be my first time organizing a group ride, and it's hard trying to please everyone. But I will do my best.

Ya know your right, it's just a long day ride for me. Not saying yes/no, but a maybe.

Not sure that date will work out, but I have in-laws in North Creek NY. They accept me as family if I don't bug 'em too often and it's been a couple of yrs since the last time, so I'm due! Would be great to meet up with some of you when I can get up this yr.

OK, Trying to make it work for all who have responded I've changed the date to 6-16-12 rain date 6-17-12. Also changed the first post. This will be the date for the ride. Hope it works for all, and if it does don't worry no more changes.

This thread is for gaging interest. There will be another with lodging and route details, but the date is set at 6-16-12. :yahoo:

Thanks

Art

I'd love to try and make it Art, but I'm heading to Maine on the FJR around then so you guys have a good time without me. Maybe I'll see you at NERDS this year.

Tom

6/16 is a ways down the road. But I am interested in making a long weekend of it. I don’t know if I will have Sandi with me, but ether way I would like to make it.

So for this threads purpose I am very interested!

Just checked the calendar and that might work for me as well. Johnstown is just a short 4.5 hour ride down the Thruway... So consider me 'interested'.

Looks like plenty of interest. Soooooooo now it's time for me to start another thread with lodging, and route info, and attendee list.

Anyone know how to post a link to GDB and GPX routes ? :huh: