New Toy in the Garage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey

Reaction score
What a ride, this thing has POWER and a smooooth V-4 engine. :yahoo:

24112l3.jpg

Nice looking ride there!! I would be all over something like that if I rode alone.... grats :clapping:

24112l3.jpg
My brother just bought one of those a couple of weeks ago.

Last weekend he insisted I ride it. Well, what was I supposed to do, he is my brother. :D

He rode my FJR. He had ridden it before but had forgotten what it was like. He had many great things to say about the FJR. 'Course we already knew all that. :yahoo:

24112l3.jpg
Nice! Most of the dealers have them discounted pretty good too. I test rode one at a Honda Demo day last fall. I was impressed!

I love your 2010 VFR. Great power, terrific handling and an absolute blast to ride. Yes, in case you have not guessed already, I also have a 2010 VFR1200F along with my 2006 FJR. I must admit, the riding position was a bit tiresome at first, but now that my body has had time to adjust it almost feels wierd when I get on the FJR after riding the VFR. I bought mine

in October, 2011 and got $5000 off suggested retail. I just hope I don't end up underneath the jail because the power is so

addicting I just want to twist the neck off the throttle everytime I ride. ENJOY!!

Congrats... nice looking and well designed bike.

Here are some intesting Specs:

"Rated at 170 hp at 10,000 rpm, with a hefty 95 lb-ft of torque at 8750 rpm, the VFR’s 1237-cc V4 engine has an unusual cylinder layout. To keep the area where tank and seat meet as narrow as possible, Honda put the two cylinders from the center of the crankshaft at the rear of the vee, with the two outer cylinders located at the front.

...Honda’s Unicam valvetrain, which employs one camshaft per bank, acting directly via bucket tappets on the inlet valves while controlling roller rockers that actuate the exhaust valves. Unicam thus requires valve-lash adjustment by shims at the inlet side and by screw adjusters at the exhaust side."

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/motorcycles/reviews/honda-vfr1200f-dual-clutch-test-drive

Wow. Must be performance over beauty, eh Petey? :huh:

(As phast as Phetey is on an PhFjr,this ride should lead to many phantastic memories and tickets!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I'll try to stay out of trouble. My SO reminds me every time I leave for a ride. :angry2: I can get in just as much trouble (ticket wise) with my little 650cc Versys, really :huh: ... I can prove it. :lol:

Petey,Petey, you're gonnna give us oid guys a bad rep.

That's ticket me red for sure. :lol:

Renton Cycle had one on the floor couple of years ago, all tricked out with hard bags and larger touring screen,if I didn't already have an FJR.............

Dang...just...DANG.

Pretty envious here in Wheaton.

You been over to Arky yet? How does it perform on AR roads?

Congrats petey. :clapping:

Nice ride, congrats.

Sat on one in the dealership 2 weeks ago, didn't note the price, but it did

have a discount sticker on it.

I guess it's an In-betweener or hybrid....touring-crotch rocket.

Enjoy and always be safe.

Nice looking scoot, Petey! I was over at a local Honda dealer a couple of weeks ago and they had one in the showroom. "Interesting" looking.

So, what're ya bringing to NERDS? The VFR or the Versys???

And when's the VFR going to Alaska? I haven't seen any pictures or anything so I think you've never been there. :assassin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Petey.

I rode one when they first hit the dealership. I remember two things about the ride, the seat was lower [could flat foot the bike] and that the motor was a beast [very quick and very smooth].

Congrats!

Latest posts