Aussie ride report.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surly

Reaction score
Went for a ride with some mates, ended up at my place.

1.jpg

I was the chef.

DSC_0139.jpg

A good day had by all.

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:

What?? No shrimp on the barbie!! :(

And where is the jar of Vegemite??

I am soooo disappointed with you.

Hi Bill,

don't be disappointed, the Vegemite was on the dessert table and I am saving the shrimp for when you come here.

Best regards

Surly

Nice looking FJR, right colour too!

Where did you go? I see a lot of US Iron there, so straight roads only?

Al
Hi Al,

a lot of the blokes do like the American bikes, I love their noise too but prefer the FJR's versatility. We do have some nice twisties close to home and this is a bonus. On the day of the ride we went to the Royal Australian Air Force (R.A.A.F.) Museum a short ride from my home.

Best regards

Surly

DSCN0608.jpg

Hi Bwana,

This is the only photo I could find of the dessert table. We had already eaten 7 jars of Vegemite and as you can see most of the other desserts had been consumed, this was all that was left when the photo was taken. Fortunately there was enough of the main course was left to fend off any hunger bugs.

Best regards

Surly

Surly, the pool table game.. 8-ball, or Snooker?

Oh, and when I visit yah, I'm expecting some 23 year old (female) hotties, 'k? :lol:

1. The fact that you would serve your guests Johnny Walker Blue Label shows that you are a truly distinguished gentleman.
  2. The fact that you had Baileys Irish Cream available for the service with the coffee further supports your gentleman's status.
  3. The fact that you would serve Jagermeifter shows that you are slighty bent however.
  4. The fact that you Aussies consume Vegemite demonstrates that you Aussies are a bunch of sick bastards.

Oh, and when I visit yah, I'm expecting some 23 year old (female) hotties, 'k? :lol:

Hi Don,

8-ball, Snooker and Billiards.

Hope you get here before those 23 year olds turn into 43 year olds.

Best regards

Surly

"The fact that you Aussies consume Vegemite demonstrates that you Aussies are a bunch of sick bastards."

Heck Bill,

you are a sweet talker.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Don,

8-ball, Snooker and Billiards.

Hope you get here before those 23 year olds turn into 43 year olds.

Best regards

Surly

Heck, Surly, even 43 is young to me these days! :p

Jaegermeister ! I gotta try that stuff :lol:

JW Blue Label. Ditto 'fitters's observation :thumbsup:

WTH is Vegemite? :blink:

Just got home from work; too pooped to Google

Jaegermeister ! I gotta try that stuff :lol:

JW Blue Label. Ditto 'fitters's observation :thumbsup:

Hi MEM,

in short Vegemite is a condiment that is usually spread on toast. It has a flavor that most Aussies love. We also love sharing it with our (unsuspecting) American friends who prefer to use it as axle grease, gasket cement and rat poison.

Best regards

Surly

MEM

It's a colonial 'knock-off' of Marmite. During my time in WA I was forced to endure Vegemite as part of retaining my Landed Immigrant status - escaped to Canada before becoming hooked :D

I'm sure you can find it in NB? If not, I'll bring some to NAFO.

Al

Hi MEM,

in short Vegemite is a condiment that is usually spread on toast. It has a flavor that most Aussies love. We also love sharing it with our (unsuspecting) American friends who prefer to use it as axle grease, gasket cement and rat poison.

Best regards

Surly

Vegemite = Rat Poison. Check :good: