KrZy8 and a CBA afternoon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
I had a long list of things 'I should be doing'.

I have upcoming responsibility deadlines that must be met

I have less than 1 week before I have zero, nada free time until June

What to do? Go riding, of course!

Did this 1/2 day Candy Butt Association ride put me behind 'schedule'?

Silly, of course it did!

Do I care?

Phuck no! :lol:

The entire RR, with narrative, is here

For you with ADD, here's some teaser pix..

1.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

20.jpg

28.jpg

32.jpg

38.jpg

48.jpg

64.jpg

73.jpg

75.jpg

77.jpg

82.jpg

88.jpg

What a wonderful day and ride, really.

Not having the entire day, yet seizing the time *available*, going from the mindset of 'I need to ride somewhere, soon I won't be able too, but where to go?' ....

and fighting myself, my own worst enemy. Truly, and I don't know why, but I am never comfortable, happy, satisfied, with where I am at the moment. If riding on the coast, I wonder what inland looks like. And if inland, wonder if the coast is a glorious one-of-a-kind-day in the season event or not.

This, this, what's the word, antipheisis (new word, created me) drives me wacky from time to time but the resultant journey is always most rewarding.

In the now moment, the new FleaBay engine in KrZy8 is simply rocking; all the work done by KaitsDad last July 2011, pre NERDS run, essentially servicing everything but replacing the engine, and the engine replacement labor done by Fairlaner and FjRay only a handful of days ago...

Somehow, riding a motobike that you and your very good friends 'revived from the brink of death' is much more, incredibly much more worthy than simply purchasing a new machine from the cold factory floor.

Peace ya'll, and may you have as good of buds as I do and appreciate each and every CBA ride too.

Thanks again to Hal, Richard, and Ray!

OM, you always inspire... thank you. B)

A little T.S. Eliot -

We shall not cease from exploration

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time.

Through the unknown, remembered gate

When the last of earth left to discover

Is that which was the beginning;

At the source of the longest river

The voice of the hidden waterfall

And the children in the apple-tree

Not known, because not looked for

But heard, half heard, in the stillness

Between the two waves of the sea.

Quick now, here, now, always--

A condition of complete simplicity

(Costing not less than everything)

Groovy pictures, old man.
clapping.gif

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

You live in shitty part of the world. You should trade me. I'll even throw in mi bastard step-pappy. :)

Spent a lot of time in your neck-of-the-woods in the mid 80s Don. One of these days I need to revisit it on the FJR.

Thanks for the most excellent pics. :)

--G

Somehow, riding a motobike that you and your very good friends 'revived from the brink of death' is much more, incredibly much more worthy than simply purchasing a new machine from the cold factory floor.

Thanks again to Hal, Richard, and Ray!
I've only done this once myself in my life. I did it all alone, and WHAT A JOB it was. Then came the big day when I beat the pants off a buddy of mine onboard a bike that was supposed to be significantly faster. There's no thrill like that of riding something you rebuilt with your own two hands. It's so sweet to think back over the process each time you twist the throttle and feel that smooth, seemless thrust of power from a machine that runs OH SO WELL thanks to a job well done.

I sure enjoyed your posts, your story, and I'm smiling with ya dude. Good for you: ride safe, ride far, and ride often..

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Don,

I am so happy that you are back on KrZy8. I was deeply saddened to read about OrangeValeFJR. He had a great mate in you, I wish I had of had the chance to known him.

Stay well.

Best regards

Surly

Great pics and read...I followed your excursions with KrYz8 for awhile...good to see it's back up and running.

Willie

Latest posts