2012 Adacks Ride 6-16-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

road runner

Reaction score
Hey Gang

It's official. The ride is going to be on 6-16-12, rain date 6-17. Be there or be square :yahoo: . The ride will start/end at the McDonalds in Johnstown NY. Kick stand up at 9:00 AM. So get there early if you want to get a coffee and socialize. We'll be taking a scenic and twisty 324 mile route threw the Adirondacks. Stopping at a BBQ place just outside of Lake Placid for lunch, ending up back in Johnstown around 6:00.

The first half of the route will be more Scenic Byway than twisty. It will be a good warm up for after lunch. After lunch we go to Lake Placid for coffee if you want, then we head south for some really scenic, some tight twisties, and some nice sweepers. The second half of the day has it all so eat a hardy lunch and be ready to enjoy the ride. There are plenty of gas and restroom spots along the way that we can stop at, and if no one needs anything we'll keep going so we get back on time.

Like any ride "Ride Your Own Ride". It's not a race, it's about having fun. I will be riding at 10 over for the most part, and I will wait at every turn so as to not lose anyone.

Any bike is allowed, all that I ask is that any loud pipes bring up the tail so as to not bug anyone.

We can go to the Travers Diner for dinner as a group or you can go to a number of chain diners within 1/4 mile of the starting/ending point.

For those who need lodging here are 3 that are within 1/2 mile of the starting point. Super 8, Holiday Inn, Microtel

Post up here if your going and I'll add you to the list.

Attendee list;

1-road runner

2-Fred W - 2 up

3-pmk6v -2-up

4-VanHarlan canceled

4-wnfjr - 2up

5-ZOOOMM

6-Iris

7-Geezer

8-Paul(Thingfish)-(Geezers friend)

9-XWinger

10-Rich (on Bandit 1250) (XWingers cousin)

11-BigOgre

12-MrMOtO

13-MarFJR

14-FJRRider08

15-Top_Speed1

17-ice_station_zebra canceled

16-FJRPittsburgh

17-ionbeam (probable) - 2up

18-Dave the Brit (on Honda ST, hopefully tires full :lol: )

19-Mike M (on ZX 1400)- 2 up

20-AmishFJR(Ed)

21-CrazyFloyd

22-Charlie Hoss

Scott E (on KTM 640) - maybe

Carpet Guy - maybe

Routes will be posted soon. Thanks to Fred W. :good:

Updated Route 4/23;

2012 Adack Ride routes -GDB & GPX format.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have attended but this is the weekend that I'll be leaving to head out to NAFO. I guess we will have to wait until NERDS to ride the A'dacks again.

I'm looking at this ride as a nice consolation for not being able to make it out to NAFO. :cray:

But, for anyone else considering doing this ride, DO IT!!

I've had the opportunity to see the full route that Art (roadrunner) has in store for us as I will be hosting his GPS files.

I'm here to tell ya, this is going to be a full day of Adirondack twisty deliciousness!! :yahoo:

I've taken and created a GPS Visualizer Map of Art's Adirondacks ride route.

Click on the image below for the full blown fully interactive terrain map in a new window.

Have fun!

The start and end point are the Mickey D's at the very bottom of the loop, and the route runs clockwise.

Hey Gang

It's official. The ride is going to be on 6-16-12, rain date 6-17. Be there or be square :yahoo: . The ride will start/end at the McDonalds in Johnstown NY. Kick stand up at 9:00 AM. So get there early if you want to get a coffee and socialize. We'll be taking a scenic and twisty 324 mile route threw the Adirondacks. Stopping at a BBQ place just outside of Lake Placid for lunch, ending up back in Johnstown around 6:00.
This looks like an awesome ride. I grew up spending two weeks every summer camping in the Old Forge area (Nick's Lake). Spent a long weekend in Blue Mountain Lake about 18 years ago, then another in Lake Placid about 10 years ago. Things have sure changed up there since the 70's.

FWIW - I've booked us a room for Friday and Saturday nights at the Super 8 in Johnstown. The rates were the same at the Microtel, but no King sized beds Holiday Inn is significantly more coinage. :glare:

Also, I booked the reservation through Expedia because it will allow you to cancel up until 4PM on 6/14 with no penalty.

If you try and book the low rate on the Super 8 web site there are no cancellations allowed. :eek:

FWIW - I've booked us a room for Friday and Saturday nights at the Super 8 in Johnstown. The rates were the same at the Microtel, but no King sized beds Holiday Inn is significantly more coinage. :glare:

Also, I booked the reservation through Expedia because it will allow you to cancel up until 4PM on 6/14 with no penalty.

If you try and book the low rate on the Super 8 web site there are no cancellations allowed. :eek:
Thanks for that information Fred. I haven't decided if I'm going to camp or hotel it, but I will use the Super 8 if I decide to use a hotel. And yes, Expedia is the way to go.

I'm looking at this ride as a nice consolation for not being able to make it out to NAFO. :cray:

But, for anyone else considering doing this ride, DO IT!!

I've had the opportunity to see the full route that Art (roadrunner) has in store for us as I will be hosting his GPS files.

I'm here to tell ya, this is going to be a full day of Adirondack twisty deliciousness!! :yahoo:
I was making a serious attempt at attending NAFO but it's just not coming together as hoped. Fred is right, this is a pretty nice consolation. Actually rode a good part of this loop a couple three years ago and it was memorable. Been wanting to do it again so - thank you Art.

Room booked also at Super 8. Looking forward to seeing you NERDS again.

I would have attended but this is the weekend that I'll be leaving to head out to NAFO. I guess we will have to wait until NERDS to ride the A'dacks again.
Do both. I plan to ride the Daks on Saturday and still have plenty of time to get to NAFO by Thursday.

But if you all do that, then where's the consolation for us NAFO slackers? :huh:

PS - Good to hear you'll be making it Mike!