Schuberth/Cardo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandy

Reaction score
I bought a Schuberth helmet with the intention of transfering my cardo headsets from my Arai to the new helmet but the instalation doesn't seem to be straight forward if even possible.

Has anyone had any success with the cardo on a Shuberth.

I have the Cardo from 3 or 4 years ago when we got a deal on them.

My System did not come with any stick on system but maybe I can make one.

One other option that I might be able to use.. will the new cardo work with the older units?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Schuberth helmet with the intention of transfering my cardo headsets from my Arai to the new helmet but the instalation doesn't seem to be straight forward if even possible.

One other option that I might be able to use.. will the new cardo work with the older units?
Does Cardo make any other docks or mounts? That is why I went with a Sena on my new C3 as they have a mount with internal mike kit.

About all I can think of to help.

I don't have a Schuberth, but when I installed the cardo on my wife's and my helmets I used the clamp on mount. It as sort of a plastic C-Clamp, it slid in between the liner and the shell and clamped on. It was quick it took about 15 minutes to install both.

I don't have a Schuberth, but when I installed the cardo on my wife's and my helmets I used the clamp on mount. It as sort of a plastic C-Clamp, it slid in between the liner and the shell and clamped on. It was quick it took about 15 minutes to install both.

After going to youtube and watching a couple of vidios i thought that i might have a chance but the cardo has to be mounted on the left side where the internal viser lever is located. If I move it back further the mike won't make it past my chin. It looks like im totally out of luck on this one and will have to buy their unit.. bummer

Last edited by a moderator:
Schuberth has a Cardo G4 neck roll:

Schuberth SRC-System <Link>

Schuberth SRC Bluetooth System Review at RevZilla.com <

If you're going to buy something new think about moving to a Sena SMH10. It's cheaper than the Schuberth neck roll and "probably" works better. I say probably because I don't have the Schuberth one but I do have the Sena unit on my C3, and it works great. But if all your friends have the Cardo system and you want to communicate you'll want to find a way to make your existing Cardo unit work.

Ok I checked out the Sena and the cardo for the Schuberth.

The Sena is definately the better priced unit by a mile but I do like the idea of no external unit by using the factory neckroll Cardo unit and being able to comunicate with my older cardo units too.

Now I just have to figure out a way to get a couple at a more reasonable price than 400 ea.

Thanks for your sugestions and links.