Drive Shaft Mount Bolt Cracked?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozfjr

Reaction score
Do you guys think this bolt housing is cracked or just a casting flaw? Do any of you have something similar on yours? (bolt did not lose torque)

I have the ability to do eddy current at work just havent had the chance to ride the bike there and further look into it.

Riding around this weekend i stopped for a quick break and noticed this when i returned to the bike. I had not noticed this before. I am just wondering if some of you guys have seen this on yours. I went to the dealership i bought it from and its on the "watch and report back" status.

Bike is a 2010 no mods.

Any thoughts...

the pics are from the left side of the bike just by the shifter linkage.

IMAG1053.jpg

IMAG1054.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably just a casting flaw...seems to be a normal thing; I've seen similar on mine. I'm sure other, more knowledgeable folks will chime in.

I have read on other forums that this is most likely down to the casting process. Apparently as the mould gets used these 'defects' become more common. Eventually the mould is scrapped and they go back to a nice smooth result and then the process continues................... makes sense to me, but then.......... :unsure: :blink:

Don

looks like mine, mama yamaha didn't clean up the casting marks. No problem

Good deal.. Thanks for all the replies... better to ask early in the game than to find out the hard way after all warranties have expired and so on.