MotoGP Starts this weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
The silly season is over and the real racing begins in Qatar this weekend. :yahoo:

I'll prime the pump with some of my predictions / hopes for this year:

1. Probably gonna be the Stoner show again this year. (Just to prove that having a kid doesn't slow you down :D )

2. Lorenza will complain endlessly that he is down on power or about anything else that he can (if anyone will listen to him :angry2: )

3. Pedrosa will find a way to screw up the championship again this year. It will be an untimely crash leading a race, or something stupid as usual. (it's always fun to see his manager Puig get his panties in a wad ;) )

4. Spies will win at least one race and have more podiums than Lorenzo (just to show Yamaha that Lorenzo can't develop a bike, he was just riding Rossi and Edwards development and that pipeline has run dry)

5. Hoping Hayden will win one race and podium a few others. (Depends on Ducati listening to the input from Rossi and Hayden and actually making the changes, not just halfway because the engineers always know best :glare: )

6. Rossi will make the podium more than Pedrosa this year (stepping on a limb here - but I can't satnd Pedrosa or his whiney ass manager Puig)

7. Edwards will make the podium on a CRT bike in the rain

8. DORNA will impliment a rider and bike minimum weight (just to f*ck with Pedrosa and get Puig's panties in such a wad that he will leave motoGP forever B) )

My season ending standings prediction:

1. Stoner

2. Spies

3. Lorenzo

4. Rossi

5. Hayden

6. Dovi

7. Crutchlow

8. Edwards

9. De Punet

10. Pedrosa (did I say I can't stand the a$$hole :fuck: ) Unfortunately I'll probably be wrong on this one, but there is hope.

Let's hear your predictions

Last edited by a moderator:
Your predictions look pretty solid, but even though I would like to see Spies in the top three I have a feeling a top five would be a safer bet. Rossi definitely lost some speed when he went to Ducati.

Your predictions are both entertaining and accurate as far as I can see.

You could be right on the Pedrosa thing if he gets a good injury in the middle of the year with your number 3. I also agree with Greb about Spies position.

Didnt they change the engine size again? Or does that start next year? If they did it could be a whole new ballgame. I root for hayden and spies but I also like Rossi just because he can get the most out of whatever bike he rides. When he switched to ducati he started finishing in front of Nicky. I just love watching moto gp. Jim

First practice is in the books.

Stoner fastest

lorenzo second by a couple of tenths

and surprise - Hayden third within 1 second of casey.

Spies fourth with one of the slowest trap speeds of the prototype bikes.

I'd love to see Spies win a championship (and I think he will), it just won't be this year. Stoner takes a back to back championship this year, but I don't think he'll be quite as dominant this year as last (read: closer racing at the front). The best racing will be midpack, with the satellite prototype guys (i.e. Crutchlow) and fast CRT guys (i.e. Edwards)

I'd love to see Spies win a championship (and I think he will), it just won't be this year. Stoner takes a back to back championship this year, but I don't think he'll be quite as dominant this year as last (read: closer racing at the front). The best racing will be midpack, with the satellite prototype guys (i.e. Crutchlow) and fast CRT guys (i.e. Edwards)
I also think Spies won't beat Lorenzo this year. Up there fighting for the podium in nearly all races would be pretty good progress.

On the other hand, this will be the first time he's worked with the same team two years in a row since he left AMA Superbike. That's got to be worth something.

I'd like to see Crutchlow beat Dovi over the course of the season and think he has a good shot. That would boof his stock.

I'm don't think Edwards, DePuniet, or any of the CRT teams will be able to beat the satellite teams, so I'd predict Barbera, Bradl, and even Abraham (if he stays on the bike) will beat them in the season standings. Those two guys will probably be first in class, though.

Those quibbles aside, I like the OP's predictions. And I would so love to see #8 come true. ;) :lol:

Lorenzo/Yamaha on Pole

2.Stoner

3.Crutchlow (suprize,suprize)

4.Spies (crashed twice this weekend)

5.Hayden

6.Dovi

7.Pedrosa

And you may be asking where's Rossi. Starting from 12th position. ouch!

13.Edwards (top CRT)

SPOILER...

Lorenzo!!!!!! Yamaha can still do it. Something just wasn't working for Spies as he just faded behind Rossi. Nice to see Nicky up in 6th, been a while since he has had a good day.

I like the new rubber compound where tire management comes into play, hopefully it will provide closer racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prolly did the Trooper Mod.

lorenzo.jpg

SPOILER...

Lorenzo!!!!!! Yamaha can still do it. Something just wasn't working for Spies as he just faded behind Rossi. Nice to see Nicky up in 6th, been a while since he has had a good day.

I like the new rubber compound where tire management comes into play, hopefully it will provide closer racing.
Stoner on the Podium, more to come! Go Casey GO!

I liked seeing that Honda could no longer blow past the others in a straight. Stoner is going to have some competiton this year.