My New Givi E55

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanAmerican

Reaction score
Here is my Bike with my new Givi E55 MAXIA III Luxury BA Monokey Topcase. It's the standard E55 but also includes the inner liner and a pre-installed brake light kid.

Givi%201.jpg

After doing a bit of research here I read about scottyUSN's E55 flying off after his bike hit a pothole. And how LAF showed how this could be fixed with a clevis pin. I took his advice and did the same.

Givi%202.jpg

Givi%203.jpg

Also when connecting the brake light kit to the FJR wiring I had the same "no worky" problem woodcycl had. And how madmike's advice to reverse the polarity also worked for me.

Givi%204.jpg

So, from the advice here I saved my Givi from becoming road kill and saved myself hours of electrical debugging and disassembly getting the brake light to work.

Thank you all.

I've got the same set up except mine has the Admore light kit/turn signals and the SW Motech rack. Thanks for the photo showing the clevis pin. I'd better figure out a way to add that to the Motech rack.

So, from the advice here I saved my Givi from becoming road kill and saved myself hours of electrical debugging and disassembly getting the brake light to work.

Thank you all.
I told you this was the Best F@#King Forum EVER!! Now you know why! You're Welcome! :yahoo:

Dude,

Am I seeing things, or are there 12 tires neatly wrapped in fabric covers stacked in your garage? Inquisitive minds must know.

Gary

darksider #44

Dude,

Am I seeing things, or are there 12 tires neatly wrapped in fabric covers stacked in your garage? Inquisitive minds must know.

Gary

darksider #44
Gary, he answered that already. They are nothing more than the family's winter tires. Let's get to the good stuff! That is one Sweeeet Looking case. I like it a lot! :clapping:

I have the same case and tossed the Givi lights and installed Admore. You may find the spring contacts between the mount, the case and the lid eventually don't reliably power the lights, and you go blinking down the road. YMMV (I hope). Nice case, enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice!

+1 on the Admore light kit over Givi. Not sure I would spend the $$ if I had the Givi kit in, but to pick one or the other initially it would be the Admore.

Guys, I recently got the Givi E55 trunk from my 2011 FJR and wonder where the general thought is to route the wiring for an Admore lighting kit. I see the knock out in the bottom of the trunk but also see the benefit of limiting the wiring to the lid and drilling a hole in the lid for the connector. Also, a few times there as been reference to an Admore specific FJR harness but on their website I don't see such a harness so plan to call tomorrow. Does anyone remember a specific P/N? Any recommendations on getting the wiring into the tail piece; thinking about running along the side rack grab rail and then under the seat. Any other choices? Thanks.

Guys, I recently got the Givi E55 trunk from my 2011 FJR and wonder where the general thought is to route the wiring for an Admore lighting kit. I see the knock out in the bottom of the trunk but also see the benefit of limiting the wiring to the lid and drilling a hole in the lid for the connector. Also, a few times there as been reference to an Admore specific FJR harness but on their website I don't see such a harness so plan to call tomorrow. Does anyone remember a specific P/N? Any recommendations on getting the wiring into the tail piece; thinking about running along the side rack grab rail and then under the seat. Any other choices? Thanks.
The knockout if for the Givi light kit. Ignore it...

The Admore light kit will come with the connector and even the drill bit.

I routed the wire across the top then down the back, then tapped the connector in the forward left corner as the box sits on the bike.

Panamerican, I couldn't tell from your picture. Did you colormatch the case to the bike? If so, did givi have the right color or did you paint it? If so how much did it cost. I got a great deal on a givi E55 but it's grey. Not a big issue but I would repaint it if not too costly.

Panamerican, I couldn't tell from your picture. Did you colormatch the case to the bike? If so, did givi have the right color or did you paint it? If so how much did it cost. I got a great deal on a givi E55 but it's grey. Not a big issue but I would repaint it if not too costly.
No, the top is a textured matt black. It came that way. I don't see the need to have it match the bike. I don't match the bike either. But whatever the color you choose you won't go wrong in getting one.

I just picked up my "Tech" E55 yesterday and really liked how the matt textured lid looked. I was planning on ordering the gloss top at a later date but just saved myself $75 to put towards the Admore light kit.