Build date is June 5, 2012!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane

Reaction score
Ok, I'm finally taking the plunge...

After replacing more stock saddles than I can remember, and never going the whole way (settling for off-the-rack "custom" saddles) for a real fit-for-me seat, I'm finally getting a Russell.

The plan includes just the front seat, since I'm also anticipating mounting a tag-a-long fuel cell in the near future as well.

Can't wait, very excited!

Shane

Ok, I'm finally taking the plunge...

After replacing more stock saddles than I can remember, and never going the whole way (settling for off-the-rack "custom" saddles) for a real fit-for-me seat, I'm finally getting a Russell.

The plan includes just the front seat, since I'm also anticipating mounting a tag-a-long fuel cell in the near future as well.

Can't wait, very excited!

Shane
Had mine done last summer and it is great! I got the front seat rebuilt and the rear covered to match. The seating position changed - taller and wider meant I was leaning down and forward more, so I ended up getting the Helibars triple and that, along with cruise control install makes the FJR comfy as my couch :)

After receiving your Russell seat back, you wonder why you waited so long to take the "plunge". Enjoy, I know I enjoy mine!

Like Russperry, I too installed a HeliBar (only before the seat) and the Vista Cruise. Contrary to what Russell says, as Russperry stated, you will sit slightly higher, or at least it seems like it.

Go for it, best money you will spend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one more reason for the seat build...can anybody identify it?

StandingrightsideFJR.jpg

New shock still on the way...

Woo, and quite possibly, hoo!

Shane