My new ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunk43

Reaction score
FJR019.jpg

There ya go! Now just find yourself a nice riding jacket and some frame sliders.
I Agree! But, Sliders First!! That Bike is going to want to Lay Down Waaaay before you get the Jacket. Do it as soon as possible! Trust Me. :assassin:
Get the sliders ASAP. My friend just dropped his new 2012 in a parking lot yesterday on our ride. We stopped for a break and his girlfriend attempted to dismount before he was ready. Damaged mirror and case cover. Luckily he didn't have the saddle bags on. These FJR's don't feel heavy when they're moving but when stopped, if they start to tip and get past that lean angle, good luck holding her up. 250 miles on her and he is now looking for sliders, mirror and a case cover. Beautiful bike Dunk43, I love that silver.

WTF?!?! It looks like you have a scowl on your face under that helmet!!!!

You should have a shit-eating grin going on there!

Congrats on the new FJR, even if it is a POS Gen II. :D

Congrats on your Silver Bullet - IMHO the best color yet. Take the advice on the frame sliders (OES sliders are one of the least costly) I dropped mine the second day I had it, scratched my mirror, but luckily no other scars. She's a handful at slow speeds, but, as you've probably already learned, a real hoot in the twisties and when blowing past Hogs. :)

There ya go! Now just find yourself a nice riding jacket and some frame sliders.
I Agree! But, Sliders First!! That Bike is going to want to Lay Down Waaaay before you get the Jacket. Do it as soon as possible! Trust Me. :assassin:
Get the sliders ASAP. My friend just dropped his new 2012 in a parking lot yesterday on our ride. We stopped for a break and his girlfriend attempted to dismount before he was ready. Damaged mirror and case cover. Luckily he didn't have the saddle bags on. These FJR's don't feel heavy when they're moving but when stopped, if they start to tip and get past that lean angle, good luck holding her up. 250 miles on her and he is now looking for sliders, mirror and a case cover. Beautiful bike Dunk43, I love that silver.
Yep! Another Newbie that learned the Hard Way! It happened to me too But, Thank God I had 3 buddies standing Right there Uhhhhing and Ahhhhhing my beautiful new bike when it decided to Lay Down from me not having the side stand fully extended. They all grabbed it before it touched the ground. I didn't ride it again until the Sliders arrived! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks... the silver is way I went for the 2011,could have gotten the 2012 for just a little more but love that silver :)