Gerbings controller

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
After leaving the house this AM with the temp at 27 degrees I found my jacket wasn't working. It seems with age and use a wire broke close to the end of the portable controller cable where it plugs into the jacket.

Have any of you smart folks (not smart asses Bust) changed an end on the cable and if so where did you get the part?????

I just had the right glove plug on my jacket stop working as a wire broke at the molding on the plug-I guess to many times bending it installing the glove end. I had a spare Y harness from buying my gear and used 1 of it's plugs to repair it. To prevent another problem I used heat shrink tubing to lock the wire to the plug. Jeff

I found some pieces and seem to have it fixed. Gerbing said it was to old and was out of warranty.

I just had the right glove plug on my jacket stop working as a wire broke at the molding on the plug-I guess to many times bending it installing the glove end. I had a spare Y harness from buying my gear and used 1 of it's plugs to repair it. To prevent another problem I used heat shrink tubing to lock the wire to the plug. Jeff
This is what I did too - ripped the original right off the wire.