Slider Sizes - OES vs. Motovation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nervous

Reaction score
Not to redo a topic that has been done many times there are a few bits of info I cannot find between these two well loved sliders. Are they both the same length? If not what are the differences, which is 'better' and why?

And, are they made from the same materials?

Any forum discounts available for either or through a forum supplier?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
6 of one, half a dozen of the other. OES is cheaper but, Motovation is better in my opinion. It's a personal preference thing. They both will do the job. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they are both the same size. They shouldn't be any difference in length. Although, as a set, one is longer that the other. Pay attention to that!

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. OES is cheaper but, Motovation is better in my opinion. It's a personal preference thing. They both will do the job. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they are both the same size. They shouldn't be any difference in length. Although, as a set, one is longer that the other. Pay attention to that!
Ok Majic...I would like you to tell me exactly how the Motovation slider is better. Seriously. Not your opinion, but fact, on why they are better. They are the same material, and the same size. Just the Motovation slider costs twice as much. They both have metal inserts so they don't compress, and they are both made of Delrin. Both come with Stainless Allen bolts, and both will protect your frame in a crash and your fairings in a zero-speed drop. They are basically black pieces of nylon...It's hard to have one be better than the other.

Oh...Maybe it's because the outside of the Motovation slider is stamped and printed with the Motovation logo. Is that it? :p

Dude...Buy the ones you want, but remember that the OES sliders are much less expensive, do the same job, and OES has awesome customer service. Maybe Motovation has great CS too, but for what they charge, they should.

Also, the sliders are different lengths to accomidate the way the engine is in the frame. The instructions tell you which one goes where, so when they are installed and you look at the bike, they are symmetrical.

Ok Majic...I would like you to tell me exactly how the Motovation slider is better. Seriously. Not your opinion, but fact, on why they are better. They are the same material, and the same size. Just the Motovation slider costs twice as much. They both have metal inserts so they don't compress, and they are both made of Delrin. Both come with Stainless Allen bolts, and both will protect your frame in a crash and your fairings in a zero-speed drop. They are basically black pieces of nylon...It's hard to have one be better than the other.

Oh...Maybe it's because the outside of the Motovation slider is stamped and printed with the Motovation logo. Is that it? :p

Dude...Buy the ones you want, but remember that the OES sliders are much less expensive, do the same job, and OES has awesome customer service. Maybe Motovation has great CS too, but for what they charge, they should.

Also, the sliders are different lengths to accomidate the way the engine is in the frame. The instructions tell you which one goes where, so when they are installed and you look at the bike, they are symmetrical.
Thank you both for good info. In images the Motovations look longer which is why I asked and info on some of these things is hard to come by. I was certainly leaning OES and this helps that direction. I know they are both well respected so that on it's own says there's no bad (or even 'right') choice. I like that there are mant great choices. That's part of the fun of it all.

Now, if I do go OES what color, what color, what color......

I've had the EOS sliders on my '09 since about 1 week after I bought it. Couldn't see any difference between OES & Motovation so went with OES. The don't have the name stamped on them but they haven't come loose in almost two years and 13000 miles and have prevented all but minor scrapes in the plastics. Low speed turns bit me a couple of times.

They are Prettier and they look Great on my Bike!! What of it?! You don't have a Problem with that DoYou?? :fuck:

They are Prettier and they look Great on my Bike!! What of it?! You don't have a Problem with that DoYou?? :fuck:
Oh, well, shit...If you had said that in the first place I wouldn't have dared doubt your opinion! :lol:

Oh, well, shit...If you had said that in the first place I wouldn't have dared doubt your opinion! :lol:
All Righty Then! :lol:

I am on my third season with OES and they are still tight and still look like new. The instructions were great, installed in less than 15 minutes.

The Motovation sliders for the FJR are actually nylon with aluminum alloy inserts.

The OES sliders are machined from Delrin, with aluminum alloy inserts.

Delrin is much faster and easier (cheaper) to machine than nylon which is one reason why OES can sell their sliders for less. Both are good engineering grade plastics but nylon has certain properties that make it the better choice for a slider. Nylon has higher abrasion and impact resistance, so it will gradually grind down as it slides down the road. From what I read when I researched this 2 yrs ago when I bought my sliders, Delrin is more likely to come apart in chunks if your bike goes down sliding. If it chunks off, it is not going to offer a lot of protection for the side of your bike.

Both will probably be fine if they fall down in your driveway.

The Motovation sliders for the FJR are actually nylon with aluminum alloy inserts.

The OES sliders are machined from Delrin, with aluminum alloy inserts.

Delrin is much faster and easier (cheaper) to machine than nylon which is one reason why OES can sell their sliders for less. Both are good engineering grade plastics but nylon has certain properties that make it the better choice for a slider. Nylon has higher abrasion and impact resistance, so it will gradually grind down as it slides down the road. From what I read when I researched this 2 yrs ago when I bought my sliders, Delrin is more likely to come apart in chunks if your bike goes down sliding. If it chunks off, it is not going to offer a lot of protection for the side of your bike.

Both will probably be fine if they fall down in your driveway.
Thank You FB1, can you please contact my friend and colleague Mr. HotRodZilla and have him read this well informed statement so his nose can start bleeding? Thank You and Good Night! :)

In a moving get off (Motivation or OES) Your replacing panels regardless of Delrin or Nylon they will both be cut like warm butter cut with a hot knife if you lay the bike down at any speed. Very slow or No speed is the

end of the useful life of either of these sliders.

Buy the OES and put them on.. If you don't like them I BET they will take them back and you can double that check to Motivation for the Nylon "Upgrade".

I installed these on my FJR:

N69_6-url.jpg

They're made from UHMWPE (Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene) aircraft aluminum and high-tensile steel bolts.

Available from T-Rex Racing

Don't know how they compare to nylon or delrin, but I like the look and design

I installed these on my FJR:

N69_6-url.jpg

They're made from UHMWPE (Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene) aircraft aluminum and high-tensile steel bolts.

Available from T-Rex Racing

Don't know how they compare to nylon or delrin, but I like the look and design
I had a set of the old T-Rex sliders, but when everyone started having issues with them cracking, I replaced mine with a set of Motovation sliders.

As I found on my '10 I have to remove the slider to get the plastic off. Do the OES or any other slider fit through the fairing so it does not need removed to take the right side plastic off?

As I found on my '10 I have to remove the slider to get the plastic off. Do the OES or any other slider fit through the fairing so it does not need removed to take the right side plastic off?
The Motovation Sliders don't have to come off to take the fairing off. If the OES are the same, I'm sure they don't have to come either. :)