There's a hole in there?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumpadump

Reaction score
i was keeping my pressure gauge in my glove box. The other day when I was getting it out I noticed a hole in the bottom. I assume there was a plug in there that could be pulled if water got in there I dono but it's gone now. Anyone know what it looks like or where i can get another one?

I am just as lazy as HRZ, but I got curious, and since by bike is parked next to my beer fridge and I needed another cold one, I multi-tasked.

Here is what I found, several wooden matches, some ear plugs, an old Vista Cruise key, and a hole, with a drain tube.

Now back to our regular scheduled program.

FWFE

Mine just has a hole in it. What good is the grommet? If it fills with water only to have to cuss and figure out there is a grommet in the bottom to pull out. Better off without it. Probably not watertight for you ones riding in monsoons or parking outside. This does make a good spot to hold a quart of beer by the way for those hot, dusty rides.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new, have we had a "What's in your glove box" thread recently? From the looks of this thread, that could be an interesting one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the hole is there to run a wire through to connect to the power outlet, not to drain water....

I'm new, have we had a "What's in your glove box" thread recently? From the looks of this thread, that could be an interesting one.
There is a glove box on the bike??
:lol: That box ain't big enough for gloves
Depends on the gloves. Motorcycle gloves with a gauntlet and carbon knuckles...nope. Latex gloves for gas station rectal exams....well, let's just say you could do a lot of exams with the gloves you can fit in there. :D

Depends on the gloves. Motorcycle gloves with a gauntlet and carbon knuckles...nope. Latex gloves for gas station rectal exams....well, let's just say you could do a lot of exams with the gloves you can fit in there. :D

Do you do your own rectal exams? Regularly, to the point where you need to have a constant supply of gloves? Or do you do this as a travelling service to other motorists? Not that I'm in the market, I just had a thorough exam complete with video and pictures (not going to post them here).

Be careful, I know from working in the "latex" industry (no, not with Art Vandelay) for a few years that heat and exhaust fumes can seriously degrade your gloves. I would recommend nitrile instead of latex.

I think the hole is there to run a wire through to connect to the power outlet, not to drain water....
I don't know about that, but I know the cover seal on mine does its job. It has been thoroughly monsoon tested and I have never had any water in there. Then again it may have drained out the hole!

Do you do your own rectal exams? Regularly, to the point where you need to have a constant supply of gloves? Or do you do this as a travelling service to other motorists? Not that I'm in the market, I just had a thorough exam complete with video and pictures (not going to post them here).

Be careful, I know from working in the "latex" industry (no, not with Art Vandelay) for a few years that heat and exhaust fumes can seriously degrade your gloves. I would recommend nitrile instead of latex.
Traveling service. It's kinda like checking the coin return on a pay phone, never know what you'll find.

Good point on the Latex, when this box runs out I'll have to look into switching.