Anyone have experience with this Yamaha Sport Tank Bag?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfuzz

Reaction score
I've found that my beloved Marsee tank bag doesn't seem to fit the FJR very well and I'm thinking about downsizing to something smaller that fits better. It seems like the hump in the middle of the FJR tank screws with the Marsee....

Has anyone used this one?

Yamaha Sport Tank Bag with Map Pouch

ABA-2C064-00-00+sport+tank+bag.jpg

I have one. It has given me good service, however, I think most people would find it a little on the small side. The way it tapers to the rear of the bag almost makes the last 2" of the bag somewhat useless. The magnets are good and strong but I would still use the tether strap that comes with it as I actually had the thing blow off while riding in an extreme cross wind. The tether attaches quite easily to one of the upper tank mounting bolts.

I have used this bag for over 40k kilometers and I don't see any scratching evident on the tank from where the bag contacts the paint. Good clearance for the bars at full turn. The only real negative that comes to mind is I found the map pouch a little small but I have been able to live with it.

I have a larger bag on order now.

Scott

Works great for me. I've used it on 3 x country trips and its great for wallet ,keys ,a drink ,cell phone, gloves and other small stuff. It looks good not like the tank is pregnant.

Thanks for the info, guys. I found one on eBay in new condition for $30 so I'm going to try it out.

"man-purse" that's funny

Last edited by a moderator: