Blue Seas mounting advice?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worney

Reaction score
I recently received a Blue Seas fuse block that does not have a negative bus https://bluesea.com/category/81/21/products/5028 After getting it I found out that it is huge. The only place it seems to fit is in the tool tray, which strangely I use for tools :) Does anyone have any other suggestions for mounting?

-worney

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is in the tray. Maybe it'll fit in the tail?

Not sure why you got the one without the ground stud, but you can always pull out one of the fuses and use the wiring point for that circuit for your grounds . . . . . .

It was given to me.

I can't seem to find any place that it will fit in/on comfortably. The tail in the Gen II has a lot of spots that look like it is supposed to fit a U lock (like for bikes) plus a bunch of straps and stuff.

-worney

The 5025 will easily fit in the tail of a GEN II, yours is shorter yet. Mount it vertically like the pic, or rotate 90 degrees. There is a [older] previous thread somewhere with pics of a neat mounting system.

I'll hunt around and see if the thread easily pops up...

--G

1334628188[/url]' post='954286']The 5025 will easily fit in the tail of a GEN II, yours is shorter yet. Mount it vertically like the pic, or rotate 90 degrees. There is a [older] previous thread somewhere with pics of a neat mounting system.

I'll hunt around and see if the thread easily pops up...

--G
Thanks!

I couldn't seem to find anything when I searched.

Which pic are you referring to?

-worney

Thanks for the help.... I was really hoping to get this done ASAP but maybe I'll have to order this bracket if there isn't any other way...

Any other suggestions for mounting? I even wondered about the bottom of the seat pan as I have mine in the high position, but after puzzling it about I figured that the harness I would have to fabricate for the wiring in order to be able to remove the seat would end up being wayyyyyy to complicated... :blink:

-worney

Worney,

My Blue Sea is mounted in the tail under the passenger seat. No problem at all... give me a shout or pop up here one weekend and we can sort it out.

PS... I still have the brake fluid and sliders you left in the garage when you were here last fall to do the steering head bearing...

PPS... did you ever sell that 'Stich?

Griff

1334726817[/url]' post='954773']Worney,

My Blue Sea is mounted in the tail under the passenger seat. No problem at all... give me a shout or pop up here one weekend and we can sort it out.

PS... I still have the brake fluid and sliders you left in the garage when you were here last fall to do the steering head bearing...

PPS... did you ever sell that 'Stich?

Griff
Thanks Griff. I have no idea how you did the mounting in what I see as a tangled mess, so I appriciate your help (again
wink.gif
). I'll come by sometime and take a look.

Funny you mention the brake fluid. I finally got the front brake lines to replace mine this past weekend. How hard a job are they to install? Should I just go to a shop? Did you ever end up getting the SS lines you were talking about?

I still have the 'Stich, I haven't tried to unload it since we talked last fall. Should do that!
glare.gif
Thanks for the reminder.

-worney

Thanks Griff. I have no idea how you did the mounting in what I see as a tangled mess, so I appriciate your help (again
wink.gif
). I'll come by sometime and take a look.

Funny you mention the brake fluid. I finally got the front brake lines to replace mine this past weekend. How hard a job are they to install? Should I just go to a shop? Did you ever end up getting the SS lines you were talking about?

I still have the 'Stich, I haven't tried to unload it since we talked last fall. Should do that!
glare.gif
Thanks for the reminder.

-worney

If you just want to replace the front lines, it's fairly simple - I wouldn't take it to a shop. Sounds like a tech day in the making... I'll be around all weekend if you wanna pop over - doing fork seals and a few other things on my youngest son's GS500, and likely a few other things besides... always room for another.

I'm getting the HEL lines done in the next month or so... that's a significantly bigger job, replacing everything from stem to stern. I'll be doing that with the Canadian HEL rep (who happens to be here in Calgary).

What size is the 'Stich again? Mine is getting a little worn out after nearly 15 years of abuse.... :ph34r:

Griff

I'm not sure what is planned for this weekend but i would like to get it done.

The suit is a 44L . I would love to keep it but it has a girdle effect on me. ;) Maybe if I keep it I'll have some incentive to get skinnier again :)

-worney