What do you store under the seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin

Reaction score
Just bought the bike late last summer and haven't really got everything scoped out yet. The little underseat storage areas seem like a good place for "stuff". I see some have installed a fuse block in part of it. What else gets put there? Manual?, more tools? space blanket?

I have a 12V air compressor, just in case of a flat. I keep my tool kit under the passenger seat, and also a marine grade fuse block.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lessee...Tools, Zip Ties, Slime Pump, tire repair kit, extra bulbs, electrical tape, owner's manual, and some other small stuff I am forgetting.

Lessee...Tools, Zip Ties, Slime Pump, tire repair kit, extra bulbs, electrical tape, owner's manual, and some other small stuff I am forgetting.

ya.......condoms and those lil airplane bottles of booze LOL

Tools, LED flashlight and Leatherman. Tire repair kit(s) and pump fit in various spots heading towards the back where the fuze block lives.

Pretty organized if I say so myself... ;)

--G

OEM toolkit, air compressor, tire plug kit, visor cleaning liquid, first aid kit,

jumper cables, siphon hose, wired LED spotlight, bottle of ibuprofen.

Also the powered tail light converter for the trailer lighting.

Whoa.. Impressive list. Thanks for the contributions. But on the subject of "stuff", George Carlin has it figured...

As of today, just this.

2012-04-24214834.jpg

However I've got a fuzeblock also in the process of being installed which is why the wiring is all crappy on the autocom since I don't have it hooked up yet.

I did used to carry a small travel bottle of wd40 but I let that go with the FZ1 when it sold. I might have to get another one.

you guys keep all that under your seat? A compressor? What the heck are the saddle bags for? :rolleyes:

you guys keep all that under your seat? A compressor? What the heck are the saddle bags for? :rolleyes:
You can leave your saddle bags at home or at the motel/campground while riding, but you cant leave "under your seat" anywhere but where you happen to be. :p

You can leave your saddle bags at home or at the motel/campground while riding, but you cant leave "under your seat" anywhere but where you happen to be. :p
Good point, I should move my rainsuit under there. Always kept it under the seat on the FZ1 but with bags I just tossed it in there.

{sleepy eyes look} Wha? Under the seat?? Na, man, nuthin!!! Don't look under there. Nothin there. Really.

I got the munchies, man. Where can I get some cookies?

First gens have a slightly different under-seat layout. In the tool tray (under the driver's seat), I have My AudioVox Cruise Control solenoid, the Power Commander III USB, a Time Delay Module to delay the HID headlights coming on by 10 seconds (box with yellow wires comning out of it), and underneath that is my Frugal Yankee PDB for powering our heated gear. I also have a coiled up piece of vinyl coated steel wire cable for locking the helmets up whenever the bags are full.

100_3260.jpg

Then, because I used the tool tray for all the above stuff, I had to relocate the OE tool kit to under the passenger seat. I can also fit a kit that includes an electric tire pump and tire plugging supplies up under the rear seat support. You can see where the two cable pigtails come out from under the seat for the heated gear (when in use), and the red button is to disable my flashing Whelen 3rd brake light, which I installed in case it bothered any riders following me at night, but have never needed to use.

100_3258.jpg

OEM tool kit, Slime air compressor, Warm 'n Safe lead under rider portion. Paperwork, rag, and tire plug/string kit under pillion. Pretty simple.