Stock Mirrors not working for me

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairytat

Reaction score
I did a search and saw where some people have used the FZ1 mirrors as a fix. Are these the bar end type or fairing mounted? I see both kinds on ebay. Anybody got a link to the recommended mirrors for my 2003?

My problem is seeing close behind me. I'm seeing my shoulders instead of what's directly behind me.

the FZ1 mirrors as a fix. Are these the bar end type or fairing mounted? I see both kinds on ebay. Anybody got a link to the recommended mirrors for my 2003?
FZ1 mirrors are the same type as the stock mirrors...they replace them. Don't use the eBay version...spend the few extra bucks and get the real ones. They're worth it.

Links in FAQ area for Online Parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
the FZ1 mirrors as a fix. Are these the bar end type or fairing mounted? I see both kinds on ebay. Anybody got a link to the recommended mirrors for my 2003?
FZ1 mirrors are the same type as the stock mirrors...they replace them. Don't use the eBay version...spend the few extra bucks and get the real ones. They're worth it.

Links in FAQ area for Online Parts.
Thanks!

good info with pics here (Gen I):

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=100993&st=0

I like Ron Ayers.com for parts:

https://www.ronayers.com/ProductDetails/N/687/SKU/809165

PRODUCT INFORMATION:

Mfg Product Number: 5LV-26280-00-00

Description: REAR VIEW MIRROR A for Yamaha FZ1

Order Quantity: 1

Unit Price: $59.97

Total Cost: $59.97

Mfg Product Number: 5LV-26290-00-00

Description: REAR VIEW MIRROR A for Yamaha FZ1

Order Quantity: 1

Unit Price: $59.97

Total Cost: $59.97

free shipping cause >$100

I want to order a set of the FZ's but a bit confused and don't want to screw up.

1. Do they only come in blace?

2. What year's model should I order for my 07AE?

3. Are they an exact match or is it necessary to do some tweaking?

Thanks, and sorry for being a dumbass. :lol: :huh:

I have a set that I took off my 07. I went back to stock. They work great but are too big to split lanes with. If you want them make an offer. I think I paid $108 shipped. They are in very good shape. Each one has two small nicks from hitting car mirrors.

I want to order a set of the FZ's but a bit confused and don't want to screw up.

They only come in black. You'll want the 2005 FZ1 mirrors (Gen I FZ). They are an exact match to the mounts in the FJR's fairing; however, the base of the mirror stands off the fairing by 1/8"...it DOES NOT look bad. Love mine and would never go back to the stock mirrors.

Edit: Johnny80s is a good deal (posted at same time as me).

They only come in black. You'll want the 2005 FZ1 mirrors (Gen I FZ). They are an exact match to the mounts in the FJR's fairing; however, the base of the mirror stands off the fairing by 1/8"...it DOES NOT look bad. Love mine and would never go back to the stock mirrors.

I probably wouldn't like them as I am one of those weirdo perfectionists. The spaces would drive me nuts. Thanks for the reply.

I probably wouldn't like them as I am one of those weirdo perfectionists. The spaces would drive me nuts. Thanks for the reply.
Ah, but the solution is very simple...just get some 1/8" sheet rubber and cut out some spacers to suit. To me, the gap is barely noticeable, so I don't worry about it. ;)

Just to follow up:

The gap...

IMG_1742-e1337034074293.jpg

IMG_1741-e1337034028296.jpg

And they are rock solid (OEM equipment only, the eBay version rattles).

Thanks for the pics, Burnspot. :)
there's also info on the forum about shortening or replacing the mounting studs on the mirrors to eliminate the Gen II space...there are also mods that add spacers to the stock mirror to move them out wider for more vision

google is your friend - google "????? site:fjrforum.com"

You can also get Garaulds light brackets if you are thinking of getting aux lights they will fill in the gap, you will need to get the Gen 1 FJR brackets since they have the same mirror footprint as the FZ1 mirrors, you will also need to drill out the holes in the bracket to fit over the mounting tubes

I have a set that I took off my 07. I went back to stock. They work great but are too big to split lanes with. If you want them make an offer. I think I paid $108 shipped. They are in very good shape. Each one has two small nicks from hitting car mirrors.
Are these OEM Yamaha mirrors?

PM sent.

--G

don't even mess around with other options, get the FZ1 mirrors - they look proper and work IDEALLY. Better looking than the chunky Gen2 mirrors IMHO and at least a pound lighter each. I'm slowly working my way back down to Gen1 weight :lol:

Sweetprofilepic.jpg

Greatbackangle.jpg

Are these OEM Yamaha mirrors?

PM sent.

--G
Of course. I don't buy the cheap the stuff.