Rumour, Rumour, Rumour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huron52

Reaction score
The talk at this year's NAFO/CFR that next year's CFR will be in Ontario. So plan accordingly....Same time of year...Third weekend in June. Or so the rumour is :yahoo:

Why you rumour monger you!

You read it here first so it must be true!

Rob

Can't wait! Trawno is beautiful in June.
If it's in Trawna, first of all I'll skip it, second, find the disorganizers and drown them (they know better, so they're safe).

Wondering if the rumour mill can narrow it down to a little more specific area there, Tom.......

If it's in Trawna, first of all I'll skip it, second, find the disorganizers and drown them (they know better, so they're safe).

Wondering if the rumour mill can narrow it down to a little more specific area there, Tom.......
So what are we organizing next? :unsure:
As Jeff announced at the banquet. NAFO (or will it be CFR?) 2013 in Ontario - somewhere east of here. :p

Al.
https://www.huntsville.ca/en/Visiting.asp Huntsville: Seth, Donna and Chuy already have our room reserved! https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&1s=AZ&1y=US&1l=33.303379&1g=-111.840828&1v=CITY&2c=Huntsville&2s=ON&2y=CA&2l=45.326561&2g=-79.218002&2v=CITY 2,400 miles and 40 hours driving time from Zonieland Chandler, AZ to CFR Canuck Central; since there are three of us, we will need an Audi A4 Convertible. AUDI, the official preferred vehicle of choice for all NAFO / CFR Events!

audi-a4-cabriolet-02.jpg

I'm happy to narrow it down for you :)

Huntsville, home of the original CFR in '07

June 20 - 23, 2013

Be there or be square, RaYzerman19. No excuses next year.

AND if the 'dacks ride is repeated, that would make an excellent prelude to CFR. You know.... we could take the scenic route to Huntsville :yahoo:

Somewhere out near the Soo would be great - maybe T'Bay or halfway between in Wawa?
I'm headed up that way this long weekend. It's a great suggestion the issue is their is basically one road, its a spectacular one to be sure, but it really doesn't offer much beyond scenery. I'd suggest going still further west if that is the intention.

I'll post up pics early next week.

There are quite a few roads besides the T-Can - I've driven it, ridden it, flown into it (to the mines at Marathon) and more - haven't done any exploring in the region, however. Google maps shows what look to be some very interesting roads at both ends of the lake and in the Wawa area . . . . if they're paved.

By me, it is mainly about the ride . . . .

Google maps shows what look to be some very interesting roads at both ends of the lake and in the Wawa area . . . . if they're paved.
I've ridden a few of them, some are paved. Most are not. The ones that are paved tend to be in poor shape and are in the middle of freekin' nowhere. Help required + no traffic (maybe a couple of vehicles per hour) + no cell service + no gas = potential to be very unhappy.

Of course, if Yamafitter wants to pull off the greatest traveling rally EVER. That'd be the place to do it. Start in SSM or Thunder Bay and travel to the other side of the lake. Guaranteed participants will remember it for years to come. Besides the scenery of Superior, that are 8 - 10 major sets of waterfalls right off the hwy between SSM and Thunder Bay. Home of the Winnie the Pooh and the coldest recorded temperature in Canada (-72!) (White River). The Wawa goose. Accommodations in several spots (don't know how accommodating they'd be to being inundated with 100 FJR's though. They pretty much sell out ever night and are... 2 - 3 star at best.)

I thought Huntsville 2007 was a great CFR...even if no other Yanks were brave enough to crash the Canuckistani party that year. I think I was the only one that pronounced the word "about " (abowt) correctly...the others kept sayin' (aboot) all the time. What's up with that?

...and I could never get a straight answer on what a 2x4 is called in Kanada, or what the time is in metric?

Oh well, it was still great. :yahoo:

Cruising at +40 is fun...I mean it's metric, so what is that in dog years? :D

So now that the CFR location rumor has been qualified, what OM gets the next NAFO? :unsure:

(still on topic as CFR just had the last one)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruising at +40 is fun...I mean it's metric, so what is that in dog years? :D

40kmph?

It means you'll die of old age before you get anywhere :p

Wheatie means you can choose to ride at 40+ kmh because if you get caught doing 50+ kmh they will take your bike on the spot! Do not pass go, do not get a say in the matter. You can also face up to $10 000 in fines for "stunt riding" or "racing". Just so you know we live in a PAPA state. As in "we'll decide if it's fun or not!"