ECU recall

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe if you provide the VIN to any Yamaha dealer, they can check to see which recalls have been performed and which ones haven't.

I have a 07 ae how can I find out if I need the ECU recall?
I believe you're referring to what we call the "Altitude Sickness" issue and is covered in this area.
I checked my vin# against the bulletin and it seems mine is one of the effected ones. Does the dealed still have to do the recall even after all these years?

Does the dealed still have to do the recall even after all these years?
Please reread the last page of the bulletin....that's one of the big reasons we put the actual bulletin out there. I think the line that starts "All of these affected bikes...." answers your question. That and the dealer you will use to confirm the recall needs to be done/already hasn't been done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quickest way? Call Yamaha customer relations:

Yamaha Motor USA - Customer Relations (800) 962-7926

Get ready with your VIN number and you will find out in just few minutes. The operator even gives you the information about your nearest Yamaha local dealer to service the recall.

If it is in fact your bike needs recall, call the dealer first and ask them to order parts for the recall so you bring in the bike when it's ready.