SW-FOG "Home Safe" Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phroenips

Pronounced "Free-nips"...it's just a
Reaction score
Not sure how we did it in just one day, but after a grueling 128 miles, Shaun and I made it home from Salida. :rolleyes:

We stayed up in the mountains as long as we could...as soon as we dropped down into town, holy crap was it hot!

Thanks again to everyone who showed up, I had a great time!

Last edited by a moderator:
We Stanley Boys had a fantastic time with great friends at SW-FOG 2012, many thanks to Scott and Shaun for another phenomenally fun FJR Forum Event!

...phenomenally fun FJR Forum Event!
amazing alliteration!
Thanks phroenips, I'm grateful to Uncle Sam and the GI Bill for receiving a Bachelor's Degree in both English and History! Served me well in being a Pipefitter for 40 years! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Bambi and I made it safely to Santa Fe under the skillful leadership of HotRodZilla (poor guy's getting a bum rap on the other thread :lol: )

Miss Piggy already fitted into the U-Haul. Seems like I'm getting lots of practice doing that :D . Off to Hootin' tomorrow after running a few errands in town first.

And a zillion thanks again to Scott and Shawn for setting this all up. We had a fantastic time riding and BSing with everybody.

Can't wait until next year!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Bob Just and I stayed to higher-than-average elevations until we dropped out of the foothills southwest of Denver. We then sprinted eastward on C-470 to our respective home air conditioning systems.

Thanks, again, to the rally master(s) who successfully wrangled all the rally bits. On an unrelated note (or is it related?), special recognition goes to mamma and papa Holloway for the intriguing and outgoing Kenna, aka Robin, with her younger-Jessica Walter looks and mature, smoky-sexy Kathleen Turner voice. Her presence took the chill off the late evening breeze.

Just goes to show ya', there's a surprise in every rally.

Left Salida 5:45am local time, got home (Stillwater, OK) 5:30pm, went from 40's in CO to 106 deg in OK...

Thanks to Scott and all the peeps that helped put this on, had a great time.

C and I made it home just after 5. Picked up a couple of the kids and just hanging out for a bit. Had a fun ride home with Armand and Bwanadik and J.

We had a lot of fun!! Now off to see why I'm being harassed in another thread.

Made it home after a hard 225 miles north to Granby. Thanks for a great time and all the work that you put into making this happen. Good to meet fellow riders. Look forward to next year.

Neal

Many thanks to Scott and Shaun for this event. Was a lot of fun getting to know many of you folks. Not quite enough time to meet everyone, so I guess I'll have to pick up where I left off next year.

Just got home at 11:00 Central time. Feeling a bit like a TV dinner today. Left a few minutes before 4 a.m. and froze my arse in the Rockies then promptly went directly into the oven of NE & IA. 1094 mi. total.

Thanks again to everyone, this truly is an amazing collection of people on this Forum who just happen to have the same passion for riding.

Mike & Joy (who's actually still 2 hrs from home) <slow poke>

Great time and many thanks to Scott and Shaun for a super well organized rally. Really too bad there were so many no shows (without any communications) which makes it tough on them to organize the dinner. We all know things do come up, but a quick note about you not being able to make it will help out with that! You really missed an amazing time! Met a bunch of great folks and looking forward to next year and ride some different roads.

Chris and Mona

aka Mohawk and MonaHawk!

Left 5:45AM local, home 8:20PM central, 742 miles. Temps were 100 to 108 the 360 miles from Amarillo to Dallas. And dang, the A/C in my jacket wasn't working. Another fun SWFOG gathering. Thanks.

Took off @8:00MT, and had an uneventful 600 mile ride home arriving @5:45CT. Did have 15 Bighorn Sheep in the road on 50 before I got to Canyon City, but they behaved and all was well. Thought the rally was a bit too highly organized, Scott, you may need to work on that next time :) . I mean, really, you told us where the motel was and everything. Someone's wound a little too tight, I think... :) .

Cec and I got home about noon today and had a Dr. appt at 2:30.

No plate needed, just a boot cast.

Joe

For a 1st rally this was a great time. Great company, food, and roads. What more could I ask for. Nice ride home with HotRod and Bwana and walked in the door at about 6pm. It was really nice meeting everyone and many Thanks to Scott and Shawn. Looking forward to next year. Thanks again! :yahoo:

I had a great time at the rally and stayed Sunday for a ride to visit friends in Woodland Park. I left Monday, stayed the night in Hurricane Utah, and returned home today. Put on my Evaporative Cooling Vest in Primm Nevada and it worked fine in the triple digit temps; 109 F in Baker California. Good to be home in the Mojave Desert. Thanks to Scott and Shaun for a well organized event!