New BMW 1000 RR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrapedup

Reaction score
I was doing a track Day recently and just happened to see this guy "Waad-Up' his new 2011 BMW 1000 RR. He didn't like how the bike was handling so he switched the "Traction Control" off. Hey what do you guy's think, not to smart would be my input. Might look good in an upcoming "Batman " flick.

And one more thing this was a 160mph. "Get-Off" and Yes he walked away with just a few scratches on his hands. Thank God for good race gear!

6bed7cc1.jpg

b043ddc4.jpg

Dastardly Dave #65

That bike had some altitude at some point during the incident!

As to whether it was smart or not, I certainly couldn't say, not knowing the guy's experience level. Maybe he learned something about liter bikes, though!

Besides turninig off traction control, I see another error in judgement. I think those are Continental tires on that Beemer which are fine for the street but for the track? I sure would not have used them. Stick to Dunlop, Michelin or Pirelli. There's a reason why the Continental is NOT a popular track tire. I think he found out the hard way. Glad he is ok.

Besides turninig off traction control, I see another error in judgement. I think those are Continental tires on that Beemer which are fine for the street but for the track? I sure would not have used them. Stick to Dunlop, Michelin or Pirelli. There's a reason why the Continental is NOT a popular track tire. I think he found out the hard way. Glad he is ok.
In that case the traction control was probably doing everything it could to keep the bike on the track.

I think that this one's going to need more tie wire to pass tech the next time he tries to go out. !!!!!Fortunately the blue tape worked properly !!!!

The part that Scraped didn't mention is that he took this guys front wheel out in turn #9.

That's why he knows it was 160 M.P.H..

Gray Ray #65

Moto Series